Menopause

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have a nausea feeling and slight tummy ache for past few days. My last period was a week before and was nearly black and looked like old blood. Is this normal during menopause. Also can't sleep due to aching legs and sore hips. Thanks

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Color changes indicate changes in hormone level. Yes it is “normal” to notice these things going into menopause
  • Posted

Yes Mary, it is all part and parcel of the change. Dark or old looking blood full of clots and painful to pass is common. I've had it like this for years. I am so tired but I cannot sleep sometimes for days on end. I also have generalised aches and pains all over my body amongst other things. It all sounds like classic menopausal symptoms so although horrible, perfectly normal if you can call it that. Keep on posting and talking to others on here, their love and support are second to none. XXX

• Posted

Thanks Tina I will...still got sore stomach and feel queasy when I eat,.went online and a lot of the posts say menopause bit some say ovarian cancer..., symptoms are similar I guess....it's actually quite frightening....

• Posted

Yes Mary this is normal, old blood, clots, lighter cycles, stopping and starting, pains , cramps its just rubbish. Some people sail through this and many others don,t.  Keep a diary i do it helps me monitor things as my head gets fuzzy too and i forget things. TRY hard to stay positive and not worried drink plenty of water or fluids and try and eat healthy and you must try and get some exercise x
    • Posted

I know.....had that black blood which finished end of week...sat morn felt queasy and now slight diarrhea...if you go online...well you know what's its like,...it's something serious...lol,...you just start to worry...thanks AManda

• Posted

I am going through the same like all the other ladies mentioned ed. Don't worry. It is all normal. My leggs are also extremely painful. Let's hope it all passes soon. Take care

• Posted

I am going through the same like all the other ladies mentioned ed. Don't worry. It is all normal. My leggs are also extremely painful. Let's hope it all passes soon. Take care

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.