Menopause

Posted , 6 users are following.

te ago

Been period free for four years now.  Blood test confirmed I was going through the menopause.

My main problems are: anxiety, bouts of nausea, off balance, and hot flushes.  I feel generally unwell at the moment.  Can anyone else relate ? 

2 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Hanny

Such a physically difficult and mentally emotionally hard time. I’m only period free for about 5 months...but my Estrogen is 9. FSH is 180-190. I had a mierena IUD removed and my hormones have crashed dramatically. 

I’m sorry your symptoms are so many and awful for you. I noticed you listed anxiety first. I am also having AWFUL anxiety, full blown attacks of panic. My gastric system is a mess, nauseous and unable to eat, it’s the anxiety I’m told by Dr. I feel for your pain and discomfort.  

You are not alone...many ladies use this forum to share, console and feel heard and understood. Around the world, women need to feel heard and share this point in their lives with others like us...we give love and understanding.  Be well, stay strong. 💐🧘🏻???

• Posted

Hi Hanny,

I know that I can relate.  I have always suffered a little bit from anxiety, but it just got worse and worse until it developed into full blown panic attacks.  It had gotten so bad, that I went to the hospital thinking I was having heart issues. It was horrible, the panic attacks could come any time or anywhere, I got to the point, where I was reluctant to leave my home.

In the past I had tried two separate SSRI's, one made my situation worse and the other did nothing for me.  This time my Dr. put me on a low dose of Prozac and it has seriously helped. 

I do understand what you are going through, I feel like I could handle the rest of it, if it weren't for the anxiety and dizziness, that off-balance feeling you talk about.

• Posted

Oh yes...fighting sour stomach all day today. Its 1:45 am and I'm still awake. Had one my dizzy head rushes earlier.

Fun, huh?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.