Menopause advice needed please

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hey I'm a newly on this forum and would like some advice please,I'm 49 just turned and had a hysterectomy in my late 30's and these last few months have been terrible with low moods,night and day sweats ect,went to my gp ,had full blood count and I'm in the blows of menopause plus very low vitamin d count.I started on antidepressant and a estrigien h r t tablets.All was well the first week my symptoms almost disappeared then I woke up a couple of days ago and fell to the floor really dizzy and nauseous,after reading through the side effects I put it down to the h r t meds.Iv stopped them for now until I can get in to see my g p.The sweats have come back with avengence so I'm hoping I can get back on track Asap .Can anyone recommend a good h r t tablet or patch I can ask the doc to look at please. Thanks 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Oestradiol - they are bioidentical.  The brand I use is Estraderm MX 100, but it may be a different brand where you come from.  Patches (transdermal) are much safer than tablets.  If you can get an oestradiol pellet for implant, they are even better, but try the oestradiol patch first.

• Posted

Hi. I'm 40 and had ovaries removed and have been on estrogel which I've found fine. Good thing with gel is you just rub in rather than having patches on you or tablets which go through your organs. I'm still looking at right doses but I'm on the minimum at the mo and stopped the flushes and seeing how I'm not producing anything naturally now that's good going. Gp said it will take a few months of getting things right and for body to get used to constant dose to feel 100% but tbh I'm almost there after 4 weeks 😊 good luck
    • Posted

That is the beauty of the oestradiol pellet implant (in belly fat).  The body draws only the oestrogen it needs at the time from the pellet.
  • Posted

Iv wrote down everything you have all suggested,many thanks for your replies,I'm thinking the implant would be a good option for me,I will discuss it with my gp x 😃 thanks all x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.