Menopause Affects Breathing, Corona virus Affects Breathing. Similar Symptoms Scary

Posted , 5 users are following.

I am so on edge with this virus because we as women going through menopause are struggling with symptoms like the corona virus symptoms. Menopause linked to shortness of breath also virus. Menopause weakness in body also virus, Menopause tiredness in body also virus. I pray to God none of us women get this virus because it will be hell. Double the trouble. The only time i go outside is for a walk and my son goes and buys me groceries. He is so concerned for me, i see it in his face. I pray and read psalms 91 daily. I am praying for everyone. Everyone stay safe. God bless you all.

3 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Edited

I'm right there with you. I've been taking my temperature multiple times a day. Because is it a hot flash or a temp? I've resorted to deep breathing and taking baths. Hang in there we are all in the same boat.

• Posted

i just looked up that psalm...in times like these it brings comfort and reassurance. Thank you for sharing that. If you do pinterest...share it. i know that I am.

• Edited

I am with you in all this. I am in perimenopause and I get flu like symptoms, nasal congestion, I get anxiety and it gives me difficulty to breathe, feels like my chest is congested, I have Dry mouth, body aches.

please just know you are not alone in this, I'm suffering for 3 week s now, I feel like I've got a temperature, but my body temp when I check is normal.

This perimenopause brings all sorts of symptoms like this virus, it's scary and it builds anxiety which raises my blood pressure. It gets worse in the evenings for me.

My doctor prescribed me diazepam for 5days to calm my symptoms so I can relax at night.

It's working well as I don't feel anxious and can get a good night sleep.

I pray all this ends soon, it's a big stress for us ladies who are going through this menopause.

• Posted

you totally described me Kadija....since being premeno, doctor prescribed Ativan if i have a severe anxiety attack. I haven't used one yet but this whole Corona stuff might get me there.

• Posted

I am a total wreck right now. peri symptoms going on for about a month now and when I read Corona symptoms I'm terrified:(

weakness was worst today and no appetite the whole day. was feeling a little better with regard to weakness and today it had to strike again. also have chest symptoms ,I am scared of going to hospital at this time due to the corona thingy going. may God help us🙏

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.