Menopause after hysterectomy

Posted , 4 users are following.

hello

have anyone experienced total fatigue tiredness and aching of the joints after a hysterectomy. I had my operation last year due to lynch syndrome and cannot take HRT with oestrogen. everything ive been given by the doctor doesnt seem to work. i am always tired have aching joints which keep creaking and no energy. i have put on three stone in weight and now cannot control my eating habits

please can someone advise, its getting fustrating

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

hello Michelle

yes it happened to me around 4 years ago i had hysterectomy and ever since then it's been a rough roller coaster ride I've gotten every symptom in the book related to menopause it started off just like you with joint pains fatigue tiredness and escalated from there night sweats cold chills migraines dizziness heart palpitation tightness in the chest I ended up in the ER got every exam there was thank God everything was okay no energy at all I couldn't do anything anymore I had to quit my job I've gained over 40 pounds in the past 4 years I started going to the gym and I would be so exhausted that I just couldn't go anymore it's been like that on and off now when it all started I ask my doctor what was going on I told him I think I'm in menopause and he said oh no you too young for that and just brush it off so I got a second opinion and they told me that it could happen that the operation threw me into perimenopause it hasn't been easy especially when you're so tired all the time that you don't want to do anything not even around the house I thank God everyday for my loving husband I don't know what I would do without him since I haven't been able to work for 4 years now hopefully yours won't get worse God willing I wish you the very best and hope you feel better soon take care blessings!!

• Posted

hello mariso

thank you for taking the time coming back to me, i was beginning to think it was only me.

i know there is no cure for what we are going through but would be nice for some assistance during this period. like you my partner is supportive but i try not to keep going on as im sure this must get frustrating to him listening to me saying i have a different ailment daily.

my worry at the moment is my weight, it doesnt seem to slow down. i know i am a bit to blame as im always looking for a sugar fix to gain energy. Did you ever find anything to boost your energy or are you just riding this out

• Posted

Hello Michelle.

id the same op with ovaries left in 10 yrs ago. Your body takes time to heal and tiredness crippled me and at times through this horrible transition...all you ate feeling is common and ive had all symptoms and ive heard somewhere in this forum that with this op...the menopause is harder... nap and rest when you can...are you allowed supplements?? get decent calcium magnesium and run it by dietician or gp....go easy girl as can be hard for us transitioning...check in here fir support and check this out for reference.

https://patient.info/forums/discuss/66-peri-menopause-menopause-symptoms-you-may-experience-which-may-help-some-ladies-271903

CK

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.