menopause anxiety. crying and heart flutters, feeling ugly

Posted , 9 users are following.

so many horrid feelings of peri menopause,

start up once again of missing heartbeats, shives, mood swings, swollen sore boobs, one month no period the next get one, thinnning hair and feeling ugly. anyone else identifuy with these? thanks

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi Debi

yes I can, I'm exactly the same was in A&E a few weeks ago with the missing heartbeat, I was due to go on holiday the next day and got this missing heart beat, ended up in there having lots of tests all normal, it was a anxiety/panic attack, haven't missed a period yet, but mine are getting closer together, I have to say the anxiety is the worst of my symptoms I can't help feeling that something bad is wrong with me every time I get a symptom, I can't wait for it to end, I feel like I'm going crazy sometimes, thankfully I have a understanding husband, big hug your way xx

• Posted

Hi Debbie, have hope sweetie we will get through this, my symptons have not been too bad for a few months but they have reappeared now. To me it feels like my hormones changes, takes my body a while to adjust and then I'm ok for a bit and then they change again. Or it could be I've not been taking my supplements whilst feeling good so I'm going to reintroduce those, use up what I have and the get a few more.
  • Posted

Ditto, ditto..  Some days are better than others. Some days you never know what you are going to get. Hair loss, shakes, dizzy, weight gain, nutty as hell, low or no sex drive, an worse of all no, no energy.  I just seem to not care most days.  Just want one day where I feel like myself. Where the hell did I go.
  • Posted

hey hun i totally know were you are coming from....had 6 months of hell then the last couple of weeks great...now this week anxiety gone over load...headaches...backache...palpatations...im on hrt and betablockers...but wen that dam anxiety kicks in its a killer ...yes also putting on weight..im craving sweet stuff..never relly have but now im like a kid in acandy shop...dont sleep well either...hun its peri so ive been told and i guess we have to go through it..my heart goes out to you and all us women because this is not nice..x
    • Posted

Hi hun

Hope you dont mind me asking but does the hrt help the palpitations and anxiety?

Ive been in perimenopause eight years and im seriously considering hrt. The health anxiety is kicking my butt. Already on a low dose AD. My perimenopause has been going on so many years im beginning to think it will never endsad

• Posted

Im still having periods so I would have to have combined hrt worried about getting the levels right x
    • Posted

hey the hrt certainly helps sweats and palpitations ..the beta blokers help the anxiety dont know how i wud be without them hope u ok hun.
  • Posted

Hi debi

This is how i felt the other day on Friday due to paxil and tazodone my heart rate was really high and my heart was pounding like crazy 

I had to stop the trazodone and paxil it through off my heart beat for a while but its back on track again 

Then there are the mood swings crying and just not feeling so great so i understand how you feel

• Posted

Welcome to me. Just started with the heart flutters. Thought I was having a heart attack. This is awful. Now it is follwed by the shivers, sore boobs, thinning hair. I should just check here before I vist my doctor. Where is the book that contains all of the things we are going to endure. I still have periods and 51 and the symptons kick my but. If if feel good it only lasts for a few days. Then all of this hits. HELP! Where do I get off the merry-go-round. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.