Menopause hell

Posted , 13 users are following.

Hi everyone. Ive been going through menopause since I was 39.no period since then and im now 47. Ive had every symtom going ie migraines anxiety depression fatigue and thought it couldnt get any worse. Had all the tests done all normal. For the last week ive been so tired and every muscle and joint in my body is paining me. I feel like im done I can hardly get out of bed. I cant take hrt as my mam had breast cancer. My gp only started me on vitamins and iron today. Please tell me this is normal and it will get better. Surely im near the end of menopause now. Thank god for this forum has mostly kept me sane during all this. I feel so miserable at the minute.

1 like, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

try not to feel too bad we're all going through it some worse thsn others. i have mono and meno which is Me in uk. i have no idea what is what at the moment spend most days in bed very impatient and irritable.

• Posted

Wait, you haven't had a period for 8yrs and your still suffering, i thought it was all over once you quit having monthly periods?

• Posted

Periods stopped 15 months ago for me. Still feel like crap most days. It is better since I found this forum, and realized what's going on with my body. Now it's mostly depression that has me down. Hair is falling out, weight gain, etc. This has been creeping up for about 6 years. Turned 50 in December. Sh*t hit the fan around 43. This sucks!

• Posted

i've been postmeno for 5yrs and still getting a lot of symptoms mainly lightheadedness anxiety ache/pains headaches i'm 54 and doc told me i could get themtill i'm 57 or later

• Posted

My dreams have been shattered, but it's better to know now then to be disappointed later. At least i will be prepared. I just can't believe it lingers so long. I asked my mom about hers but she's 71 and doesn't recall much, but my complaints have reminded her of some of it. I'm 47 and missing periods now so I think i may be on the down hill. 10 more years of this? i don't know if i can deal with it! I have all those to Wendy, one symptom leads to the next, it can be debilitating at times.

• Posted

I have been going through this menopause journey for 10 years. I have not had a period in 7 years and still have all 66 symptoms listed and then some 😦

I can honestly say the last couple of years have been as bad as the very beginning . I too thought once the periods stopped so would everything else, not so for me. Definitely been a journey I would never want to repeat!

GOD Bless

• Posted

You are not alone. I cannot take HRT either. I am 50 in August. Even if you don't have periods for a while the body still carries on with changes hence the side effects I believe. I have been having all the symptoms for period but nothing there and most annoying. I know i will feel better if i have a period. Plus i have a bad flu that doesn't help either. All the best. Take it easy.

• Posted

i have every symptom you mentioned except the migraines. i started peri at 36 and i am 43 now. ive been taking vitamin D AND A womens 1 a day and they help give me more energy

• Posted

To make matters worse for the last 4 days my ankles wrists and legs have been terribly painful. My legs are the worst havent slept in a week. My gp put me on steroids day 2 and the pains are worse.anyone else suffering with these pains. All of this has my anxiety through the roof. I didnt think it could get any worse.

• Posted

OmG Sandra - you sound like me - About 6 weeks ago i woke up out of the blue withthis horrible right knee pain (did nothing tocause it) then my left knee starting hurting along with all the muscles & tendons in my legs. My feetare killing me because i am walking so crooked as to not put weight on my right knee...& to top it off my knees feel so inflammed that i think they are a bit puffy - the pain is constant but really worse @ night & in the morning - i am having a hard time coping - see that joint/tendon pain is a menopause symptom, but if i have to live like this i might just check myself into the funny farm - i am 6/ 7 years post meno - i really cant cope any longer with this constant pain -

• Posted

hi im. ten years post meno and am excatly the same on and off..post has defiantly affected my sleep as sometimes i dont

all my joints ache and fatigue is terrible...i thought it was all over when periods stopped post meno is worse ..i also cant take hrt..i was 42 when periods stopped xx

• Posted

sorry lovely totally normal i also cant take HRT as my mum also had breast cancer i had an hysterectomy at 39 but kept my ovaries i have had hot flushes since day one but got kicked in the backside with loads of symptoms a few months back iam now 47..palpitations,fatigue,dizzy head ,aches and pains,lumpy boobs ,the list is endless iam even on the sick for 4 wks due to anxiety and stress all because of this as my ovaries are only just begining to die and all my GP has suggested is that i go on antidepressants to which i have said NO to but its very hard to realize this is all due to lack of hormones and that your not about to kick the bucket as you feel so awful all of the time,so hold on tight and we are all here to help each other get through this challenging part of life us women have to endue goodluck and hugs xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.