Menopause issues

Posted , 5 users are following.

hi I have been suffering terribly with some weird symptoms that I'm finding really frightening and wondered if anyone else has experienced these.     I get into bed in the evening and I start with palpitations and chest pain then comes the feeling of not been able to breathe, then I get like a cold sweat the kind you get when your going to be sick I actually do feel very nauseas at this  point.  This in turn leads to me getting anxious thinking I'm having heart attack or something.   It's been going on for quite a number of months now and is usually on the night time although it has been happening during the day recently.    Also it seemed to originally only happen around the 14 day time of the month when I would ovulate but again it's becoming constant.  I'm finding it really hard to cope with and feel like I'm going crazy.  Can anyone offer any help or advice please.   For the record I am still having periods

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Oh dear poor you.

great that you have come to the forum as ladies are great at sharing ideas.

have you seen a doctor about your symptoms?

• Posted

I have seen doc the lady doc says it's menopause n put me on citalopram the male doc says its stress n anxiety n gave me some tabs to help I do have very low iron at minute which doesn't help but it's really hard to know what bits are actually menopause related am so confused
  • Posted

Dear  Kazza444, I am so sorry to hear that you going through this. It's sound to me like a panic attacks. I suffered from them in the past and it can really make you feel horrible. The symptoms can vary. I used to wake up in the middle of the night all shaking, heart racing out and feeling of being sick. I didn't know what was that. So I callled an ambulance few times and they gave me sedatives. I also had uncomfortable feeling on my left side and thought it's my heart. The doctors checked me out and found nothing wrong. I then went to do cognitive therapy which helped a lot. As I know now what and why it's happening to my body and learn to coop with that. I don't have it anymore but still sometimes I do feel similar symptoms though not so strong. Go and check your heart and blood pressure, and if nothing wrong there. Speak to your doctor for options. If it is panic attacks, one of the techniqus I was doing is, I always hade to drink plenty of water, even my hands were shaking. Then, you have to tell yourself that " I am going to be just fine", " it will pass", I did pass before and it will now". Practice slow abdominal breaking. It will come you down. But first go and see your doctor. I hope it helps and you will feel better soon. 😊
  • Posted

Hello the palpatations just stink dont' they!!! I have had them alot lately was convinced there was something wrong with my heart I just went to doctor yesterday and she said it was panic too and even maybe hot flashes??? I told her I don't feel hot or sweat just have these "fluttering" feelings around my chest area - I am also super tight around my back and neck. I get them sometimes just sitting completely relaxed. She did not seem overly concerned with my heart and my husband acutally did a EKG because he works on the Fire department and my heart was fine...just hate the feeling! Hang in there!!!
  • Posted

Hello ther. When I have palpitations I burp excessively.

any ideas why?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.