Menopause - No period 3 years

Posted , 8 users are following.

I just turned 46 and started going thru Menopause at the age of 42.  It's been 3.5 years since ive had my last period.  One gyno said I was too young to start menopause and the second dr said that was going thru it. I have to say that i have been rather lucky throughout this 3.5 process with the exception of weight gain (which this alone is enough for a murder sentence) the night sweats are tollerable, no signs of depression or anxiety

However, recently ive been experiencing lower back and abdominal discomfort similiar to how i use to feel when i was about to start my period.  Is this a sign that i might start or is it my body trying to tell me something else?

With the exception of getting my A$$ to the gym any suggestion on how to get rid of my BELLY fat?  

I appreciate any insight...

sb

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Shannon, I have not had a period for nearly 3 years but every month I get the symptons but no bleed that's normal. But always check with your GP. Your never too young to start Meno my friend started hers at 29 and another one at 36! I was one of the lucky late starters I started at 52 but I think it's because I eat healthy and exercised all my life. I don't get the sweats but had really severe depression until I went on HRT. I'm back at the gym loosing weight and doing well. Good luck !!

• Posted

Hi Shannon

I am experiencing the exact thing. Started last year went for scan and camera said I had phybroid come back in six months time if it bothers u. It did not so never went back. Two months ago cramping started thought it was my period after same time as you but nothing and I have nothing else to go with this slight discomfort. Went back to doctors and going back for scan but thinks it is coming from my phybroid. But please don't think I am diagnosing u with the same thing. Do u take soya by any chance.? I have just turned 50. Hope to hear from u soon X

• Posted

belly fat! Mybdoctor said in meno our fat redistributed and there's some of it we just have to get used to. Not good news, I know. I'm at the gym every day and eat very well and I still have it. So just stop worrying about it and be healthy. But as for suggestions do some cardio but do weight training too. Hours of cardio is counter productive. Cut sugar and diet stuff. Look at the sugar in things and you will be shocked! Including yogurt and protein bars and especially so called diet foods and drinks.

• Posted

So can I ask this question because I never got an answer after 3 yes it's menopause or is it post every time I ask nobody gives me an answer please tell me am I post peri or full menopause thank you for replying

• Posted

If no period after 1 year you are said to be post menopause. You should not have another period after that. Although it happens. You do need to see a doctor though. They will do blood tests to be sure and you still need a pap smear. And beingnpoat menopause doesn't mean you stop having symptoms.

• Posted

I understood that if you were under 50 you had to wait for 2 years without a period to consider you had entered menopause. If over 50, 1 year. I was 57 but had the terrible flushes from 52 until now (61) These views are constantly changing. New ideas always come along and new theory's too

• Posted

When the ovaries can't make enough hormones it will attempt to get estrogen from fat stores, the best fat stores are around the belly. So your body will fight tooth and nail to build these up, lowering metabolism, craving sugary foods (too raise insulin levels to lay down fat stores) the best thing too do is cut out any processed foods, especially bad sugars. Exercise keep metabolism up as much as you can, avoid artifical sweetness they raise blood sugar also but Stevia is ok

• Posted

I haven't heard it explained like that but it does make sense. Thanks.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.