Menopause or not?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am 47 years old with a diagnosis of adenonyosis, for the past year my periods have been extremely heavy, but then In April they just stopped coming. I have not had a period since April 7th, I had my tubes cut burned and tied 18 years ago so I'm a little confused. Has anybody else had this happen to them ? I have had one episode of spotting and it literally was one trip to the restroom and then nothing more after that one time.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hello

It could be perimenopause, but it's best to have it checked out to make sure everything is ok, if you haven't already.

• Posted

The reality is that some women have a good menopause.. they dont have all the rubbish and endless symtoms that go on for years like some of us do.  Could be that you are going into menopause.. but its only classed as full menopause if you have gone a full year without a period. but even then ive heard of people getting a random bleed out of knowhere. Best to go speak to your doctor about it and get some bloods done.. these will be a good indicator of where you are .  My mum had an easy menopause.. peiods just stoppped on day... had another period 6 months later ..then nothing. Me im all over the place peri menopause syptoms for 4 years .. now really bad symptoms and missing months of periods then get 2 together.. then normal for a while.. then stop again sad its a bit of nightmare sadly... so if this is it for you count your lucky stars as most of us on here are droppiong to bits mentally and phisically  sad
    • Posted

Littleme, how old were you when you first started with your symptons? I was hoping that mine would have been an easy one, I had no idea that it would be this way.

I'm getting my IUD out on Monday and I pray my symptons lessen up. For some reason I think is why my symptons are severe. My periods has always been irregular until I got the paraguard IUD, it regulated it clockwise until I started my peri. I'm wondering what will happen to it when taken out, will it stop completely?

I just want my life back and my body back!

• Posted

Hi Mary.. i was 44 when it really kicked in but due to the fact i have chronic ilness.. CFS and HYPER  POTS i think im struggling more than most as its caused relapses of both my ilnesses as well as the menopause symtpoms.  

Sadly i have no experience with IUDs.. so i cant help on that.. ive knoewn quite a few people who have had to have them removed when Peri set in as it just made things worse.  Maybe do a new topic about IUD and menopause im sure you will get lets of comments and help. I thought that it was bad living with chronic ilness most of my adult life.. but menopause has taken it to new level of CRAZY that i could have never imagined so i feel your pain and too just wish i had my old life back, even though it was compremised with ilness . All we can do is hang on and try and treat the symptoms  as best we can.  Its just a huge rollercoaster and it changes from one hour to the next.. clining on with white knuckles seems to be all we can do rolleyes

• Posted

How do you get diagnoise with CFS? What is HYPER POTS? Like me, health challenges that I've dealt with resurfaced, such as interstitial cystitis and I got gastritis when I started the peri. It's very challenging trying to eat the right foods, if it's good for one but its not good for the other which has caused me to loss weight. We just have to press forward everyday.

• Posted

https://patient.info/health/postural-tachycardia-syndrome-pots-leaflet

Pots info above.

My story is a long one lasting 28 years.. At the age of 20 i had glandular fever which wasent bad at all.. but shortly after i started having alot of heart  issues and weird anxiety type syptoms for no reason.  I ended up in hospiatl for a week and even though they admited something wasent right they couldnt give me a diagnosis. Well considering POTS didnt offically get its name until a few years after that is why they coudnt give me a name for it.  4 years later i had my secon pregnancy .. not knowing that i had the pOTS condition in my system i ended up almost dying  from complications.   from that point on my health was not good one problem after another chronic fatigue no energy .. joint pain and weakness.. stomach issues . Some how i battled on for 6 years until my body finally gave out and i just couldnt go any longer. I was diagnosed with an anxiety disorder and adrenal issues.. fast forward another 13 years after having many relapses i ended up with a whole new range of weird sypmtoms. Burning skin nerve pain , burnt mouth syndrome chronic joint and muscle pain... lots of other weird stuff. At this point my doctor finally clicked on to what had been happening all these years and diagnosed me with CFS/ME after lots of tests to rule out anything else. Fast forward another  3 years and we finally realised that the whole time i had Hyper Pots also.. which caused the original weakness. They often go together.   I think my syptoms got much worst due to Peri menopause kicking.. so in a way it did me a big favour and after 28 years i finally know what has been wrong all these years.

Like you i have bladder issues.. infact constant UTI type syptoms was one of my first Peri symptoms.. but the burning pain spread all over my body over time.. I understand again this is common. I also have stomach issues in as much as everytime i eat my body has a huge adrenaline rush which causes my heart to race and blood pressure to rise.. leaves you feeling really weird and panicky for no reason. I have also developed lots of weird allergies so like you i have to watch what i eat and can only eat small amounts at once.

• Posted

Originally had a bad UTI that no anti biotics seemed to help took over a month to go but it left me with constant UTI bladder pain even though there was no infection. Also had constant burning in my entire genital area. Also stress incontinece gradualy got worse too.  Tat was 4 years ago when peri first started , now most of that has settled. The stress incontience got better when i went on suppliments to help with the hot flushes sweats etc.  I still get the UTI tyoe symptoms from time to time and also the burning but its no where near as bad.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.