Menopause, Peri, anxiety ...can these make reflux worse

Posted , 7 users are following.

So in a nutshell I have reflux for two years , I'm 45 and have many symtpoms. Feeling like I'm always going to cry, shaky, tired, chest pains and indigestion. All bloodwork is normal. Does anyone think relux is tied to menopause and can I have it this young? My periods skip every other month.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I have been getting these symptoms since I was 43 yrs old, reflux, mood changes, and all the above you describe, I'm 50 now and it's still ongoing, I have periods every other months too. I guess you are in peri...

• Posted

My stomach/reflux issues have gone haywire! It's a daily thing and diets and food that hasn't given me issues in the 20 years since I was diagnosed are now the devil!

• Posted

How does this affect you ? I seem to have issues at night , sometimes it's ok and then I get constant catarrh in my throats that wakes me up . I don't want to mention this to my doctor as I'm worried that she'll send me for another batch of tests . I don't know if it's some form of allergy as some days it's thick catarrh , then my ears and sometimes my nose streams . It's just this waking with it in my throat like I can't swallow it that concerns me and makes me worried to try and sleep sometimes . I'm getting so paranoid with every changing symptom . I've always suffered with catarrh , but I've only had this recently and of cause the different stomach issues .

• Posted

Hi Dane

i started with your above symptoms 4 years ago, I was suddenly suffering terrible, I had awful it's symtoms too and bad lower stomach pain, I was consently at the docs and a&he, I ended up going private and was diagnosed with H Polyri after two weeks of treatment that has went away, but I was still left with reflux symptoms, I have since then suffered with a hotvthroat, ears and stuffy nose, occasional rash all over my back, I have been to see 3 ENTS over this period and they have all come back with the same, to be on the safe side I have to take a ant acid tablet everyday just in case it's silent reflux, but they also think it's could allergies causing the hot sensation, so take nasal spray for allergies too, but the bottom line they all said came down  to my age I have just turned 49 and said it is all definitely all hormone related and will possible pass when my hormones have re settled down. I am just glad it is nothing sinister with my throats like you I had all the phelm and felt like I had a lump, so suffering with health anxiety I immediately though the worst.

it may be worth you going to the docs and they can give you some medication for it xx 

• Posted

Yes it is connected, I had gastitis in peri due to the extra reflux and having a hernia didnt help x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.