Menopause, small bleed ? encounter, scared myself.

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi ,

I hadn’t had a period for 18 months, Had blood test , Dr said I was way off the menopause Scale, with LH of 22.4 and FSH of 103…. I am 47 years old.

then a bit of something happened 2 weeks ago, bit of red appeared, not major , but enough for me to notice, I felt a bit swollen too…

I am not in a relationship and haven’t been ,Then at weekend ,Ive done something daft , I had an encounter with a guy, not full on intercourse ,a bit too close for comfort &  unprotected, and with having that bleed , I have scared myself.

I even looked at a pregnancy tester today . it said test 5 days before a period. I am not getting any periods.... is there a time to do this test ?  a few weeks ? I am scared now for being so stupid.

When should I do a test ? now ?

Thanks for reading 

1 like, 51 replies

51 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Rachel,

I'm afraid your being a little paranoid.  It certainly sounds, by blood tests and missed periods, that you are in full blown menopause.  Therefore pregnancy is not possilble.  

It happens sometimes that woman in menopause do have some random spotting, as even in menopause ovarian hormones can fluctuate, albeit gently.

It makes sense to contact your physician and mention this small amount of bleeding.  It's probably nothing of any importance, but it would easy your mind to hear that from your doctor.  

• Posted

Thank you so much for your positive comment, I know I have scared myself a bit too much, I just wanted to say my thoughts out loud

Thanks you 

I will contact them also 

Rachel 

• Posted

Hi. Dont call yourself stupid, such things happen to so many of us ladies, dont blame yourself (but be careful next time!!). But do be smart and go to see your gynie. She will probably do a transvaginal US (standard) and take a biopsy if the endometrial layer is thickened to make sure it is just a period and not something else (other things besides cancer can cause this). Many of us on this forum have gone through this exact same thing. It is to make sure all is okay and for  almost everyone it was okay. But any bleeding after menopause calls for going in to see the gynie. Let me know how it goes. Hugs to you.
    • Posted

aww thank you Lana thats lovely of you , i have read about bleeds on here and will be checked soon .

I cant believe how daft I was, I havent had a realtionship for a long time , Careful top priority from now  on..

Thanks again , so kind for being positive and letting me share :-)

• Posted

sharing is very nice. We all deserve relationships. Great that you willbe checked soon.Im here if you need to share! smile

• Posted

Did you have a good time though Rachel? Lol😊😊

• Posted

Jokey that had gone through my mind too 😉😉😂

Us ladies deserve some fun after everything we go through

• Posted

haha yes, you made me smile loads then , about time I had a bit of fun x
    • Posted

thanks both , yes :-) 

Just scared myself for not being careful. so pleased there are places like this to chat on, I am not the best at talking about personal things ..

You made me smile again tonight, thanks

• Posted

Good for you Rachael. Be happy😊😊

• Posted

Yes, have fun 😊😊

I try to enjoy myself, have fun and do what I WANT when not hit by symptoms 🙄

I'm glad you enjoyed yourself and had but but next time remember..........careful 😉😉

• Posted

Thank you xx definately had a reality check , so glad I wrote on here today , thanks loads for reading and chatting..Everyone is fab ..

I still might put my mind at rest and do that test x

• Posted

My mum used to say "be good, but if you can't be good be careful"

Lol😂😂

• Posted

Yeah may as well to put your mind at rest😊

• Posted

yes my mum says that ...and Nan said that ....I know that aying...brilliant....

shame i didnt hear them at weekend ,,,,:-)

Birthday fun ....wont do it again ! Careful from now on xx 

• Posted

Great mother! I told my daughter that when the times comes to be careful ( she was 18) to tell me that she needs to be careful and I will make sure she is. She told me and I took her to my gynie. She married him eventually and then was not so careful, luckily , hehe. I adore the result.
    • Posted

Aww bless x my daughter is now 20 and being careful xx
    • Posted

Ahh.. lovely. I can sense the smugness, know how you feel, I have

two adorable little grandaughters😍😍

• Posted

Hi , Thanks to everyone , I feel more positive.

I rang the Drs today to make an appointment about the unusual bleed after 18 months of none.... I have to ring on Monday morning , to book in to see my Dr the same morning . will update from then. 

I also bought a prenancy tester today to be safe..., I wont do it until I have spoken to my Dr .... I will update you all , and thanks again for being so kind and positive with me . I wouldnt have done it without you .

• Posted

Hi Everyone .. its happening fast , I have a hospital appointment tomorrow next ..Gynaecology outpatients clinic , i was referred by my gp for a pelvic ultrasound...think i have done this before and without thinking i went the loo when i got there ..oh oh

it was about 2 years ago...i wont tomorrow

positive thoughts for me tomorrow please ..

i really appreciate how you have made me feel confident while take this journey of the unknown ...thank you all x 

• Posted

I will be praying for you tomorrow Rachel. Keep us updated.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.