Menopause, small bleed ? encounter, scared myself.

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi ,

I hadn’t had a period for 18 months, Had blood test , Dr said I was way off the menopause Scale, with LH of 22.4 and FSH of 103…. I am 47 years old.

then a bit of something happened 2 weeks ago, bit of red appeared, not major , but enough for me to notice, I felt a bit swollen too…

I am not in a relationship and haven’t been ,Then at weekend ,Ive done something daft , I had an encounter with a guy, not full on intercourse ,a bit too close for comfort &  unprotected, and with having that bleed , I have scared myself.

I even looked at a pregnancy tester today . it said test 5 days before a period. I am not getting any periods.... is there a time to do this test ?  a few weeks ? I am scared now for being so stupid.

When should I do a test ? now ?

Thanks for reading 

1 like, 51 replies

Report / Delete

51 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Rachel,

I'm afraid your being a little paranoid.  It certainly sounds, by blood tests and missed periods, that you are in full blown menopause.  Therefore pregnancy is not possilble.  

It happens sometimes that woman in menopause do have some random spotting, as even in menopause ovarian hormones can fluctuate, albeit gently.

It makes sense to contact your physician and mention this small amount of bleeding.  It's probably nothing of any importance, but it would easy your mind to hear that from your doctor.  

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Thank you so much for your positive comment, I know I have scared myself a bit too much, I just wanted to say my thoughts out loud

Thanks you 

I will contact them also 

Rachel 

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi. Dont call yourself stupid, such things happen to so many of us ladies, dont blame yourself (but be careful next time!!). But do be smart and go to see your gynie. She will probably do a transvaginal US (standard) and take a biopsy if the endometrial layer is thickened to make sure it is just a period and not something else (other things besides cancer can cause this). Many of us on this forum have gone through this exact same thing. It is to make sure all is okay and for  almost everyone it was okay. But any bleeding after menopause calls for going in to see the gynie. Let me know how it goes. Hugs to you.
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up