Menopause symptom

Posted , 9 users are following.

Helo girls does anyone suffer from tingling lower leg and numb feet that comes and goes? This also happens in wrist and fingers - beginning to bother me. 

0 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

• Posted

Oh yes...horrid....it does pass tho,mines getting less
  • Posted

Hi Sophie. Pins and needles extremely common in peri/menopause. It's always worth checking it out with your doc, of course. If you type '34 most common menopause symptoms' into google, you should find a medical website that lists them, and you'll be surprised what's on it! x
    • Posted

Do you have an understanding partner, or kind friends that you can talk to without them getting fed up with you banging on about it?
    • Posted

I have a VERY long suffering husband! He's amazing really despite being a total bloke. I just think our male doctors are clueless which really doesn't help
    • Posted

My hubby keeps me sane. He's a saint! I have 2 regular docs, one female and one male. Believe it or not, it was the male doc that made more sense in these matters and could explain it better, but the lady doc has a lot more empathy, obviously. I hope that the both of us land on the other side of this still in one piece. x
  • Posted

Hi Sophie yrs tingling in the legs head for me hope this helps
  • Posted

not sure about tingling but i get numbness in my right foot pain in my wrists and thumbs I thought it was part of the aging but i am going through the menapause I never thought of that 
    • Posted

Hi Sue thank you - my right foot has been going numb on and off today - it's not a good feeling - hate it. Also really boring to be suffering from nearly of all the symptoms meno throws at us - just feeling like life is so unfair at the moment as everyone else around me seems fine unlike us on this forum.  thank you for your comment and for all the comments from everyone else. 
    • Posted

Seems Like that doesnt it ...

Well..im Not fine myducky either...feel Like doing nothing most of thé time to....im a grumpybum :0(

• Posted

That's another thing; I seem to be the only one in my group of friends of a similar age that's experiencing all this nonsense. Why? If it's hormonal, and every peri/menopausal woman must have hormone issues by the very nature of the thing, then why isn't every woman a complete nutjob like me?
    • Posted

Because I think certain women are more sensitive to the symptoms it presents - and I think certain people ignore some of the symptoms and pass it off for something else
    • Posted

Well, I want to jump ship and be in the 'pass it off for something else' club!
    • Posted

Hear hear! We should all be getting together anyway - what a barrel of laughs that would be!!!
    • Posted

Funnily enough that's what I've been trying to do but when symptoms linger it's hard and then along comes Mr Anxiety.......

• Posted

Can you imagine? There's got to be a sitcom in this, surely? Anyone have Jennifer Saunders' contact number? cheesygrin
    • Posted

i am just shocked at what symptons the menapause brings i was just getting to terms with my symptons of anxiety but even my doctor said she felt sorry for me going throught the anxiety and depression and the menapause the menapause excascebates everything tenfold.if i every come back I want to come back as a man. joking aside its absolutely horrid and does affect you big time
    • Posted

im like that lisa i honestly thought i was getting lazy and that isnt me at all I dont go out half as much and im more than happy when i get in just to sit and do nothing
    • Posted

Ye i litterally want to do nothing...And thé thing is i really dont care
    • Posted

I know what you mean Sue. I almost feel guilty for not wanting to do anything but rest & potter around at home. Trouble is I am ill with a couple of other non peri related illnesses at present, which I think is largely contributing to me extreme fatigue, so won't really know if it's the peri also causing it until I am better with the other health problems. time will tell. I am not lazy either, but the smallest errands out of house or even hoovering exhaust me at present. I suspect it is part peri causing the extreme fatigue as before I got ill with the other problems, I found it hard to get through normal routine of my week at work & keep up with housework!! xxx
    • Posted

ditto loulou yes I to have other health issues that prevent me for doing a lot but  like you i go to work come home and root on my chair like you even the simple jobs seem like a task its like i have no motivation hopefully i will grow out of it lol 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.