Menopause Took Away My Wife

Posted , 12 users are following.

I'm normally active in the "Ankle Problems" forum, but thought I'd give this one a try.  I hope someone here can give me some good advice.  You see, my wife who was formerly quiet, sweet, and charming has turned into major bitch since menopause.  She now tries to micromanage me and other family members, she demeans me and others, she yells at counter attendants when we go shopping, she reaches over and blasts the horn at other drivers when I'm driving.  I could tolerate most of all that if it weren't for the fact that she has shut me out sexually for a year now.  I've tried to discuss it with her, but she just shrugs me off.  She further refuses to discuss it with her gynocologist.  I'm at wits end and ready to give her an ultimatim.  Please help.

1 like, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Also,

Direct your wife in our direction on these forums!

I can't tell you how much these ladies have helped me. Just knowing I'm not alone, in this craziness is 50% of the battle.

God Bless you and your dear wife!

Maggie

• Posted

If you love her and I assume you do as she is your wife DONT give up on her.

I've just split up my partner after 11 years of a fantastic relationship together due to peri, I read and educated myself about all the systems and tried to help and understand her as much as I could and that put the nail in the coffin and I am abserlutley ripped apart,

as others have said give her space, don't question what / why shes doing because some times she doesn't know, try get her to see an expert so she can get the help she needs

I hope it all works out for you both, good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.