Menstrual anxiety??

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi I am not even sure if this is a "thing" or if it's just me so bare with me while I try to explain. Does anyone suffer from menstruation anxiety? When I have my periods it is so heavy that I panicked I'm about to haemorrhage or something. Constant check the colour, amount, clots etc it's the worst week of my life is this normal or just me?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I just recently started suffering from Anxiety, and yes i did that last month, i panicked about color, cramps, too much, too little, anything and everything really.  But like i said Anxiety is relatively new to me yet only experiecing this for a couple months so far.  I've made an appointment to talk to a therapist unfortunately have to wait 10 days, seems so long.  
    • Posted

Aw I appreciate your reply. I have to wait 18 weeks for mine! It awful I have heavy periods anyway but it's like the panic just makes it heavier if that makes sense
  • Posted

Yes I do. Not necessarily that anymore, but I notice my anxiety gets much more intense around the days leading up to mine. Then it goes back to normal the day after it ends.
  • Posted

It is probably a version of a health anxiety.  Good to be safer than sorry though. Just don't overdo things.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.