Menstrual cup problems!

Posted , 1 user is following.

Helllo!

So, after some months first trying and failing to use the menstrual cup I've decided to try again. And with success! Squating, using the punchdown fold and some serious handy work - the cup finally went in! However, I had a couple of questions/issues and would greatly appreciate any advice

1. Insertion and removal was quite painful and slow with the latter being particularly so
  2. I presume this struggle with removal was the result of my failing to break the seal. Once in, I found there either was not enough space or it was too painful to get a finger up and really press hard on the cup to allow the seal to break.
  3. Once in, I had a move about and found I couldnt feel the cup, but did feel the need to go the bathroom. I've heard this sensation is normal but will it go away with continued cup use? Or does it require a different cup position etc. to alleviate?
  4. Once out, I did find there was some blood. As I am not on my period, (could a lack of period blood lubrication be a reason for difficulty of removal etc.?) I presumed this was my hymen breaking but was suprised as I do use tampons fairly frequently - I presume this is still normal though?

Thank you very much for any advice/help. Hope you are all having a happy holiday season

Btw. I am an 18 year old virgin who has irregular periods if that is of any importance. And, i'm using a model one cup from juju.

Thank you once again

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.