Mental breakdown.

Posted , 6 users are following.

I honestly think I'm having a mental breakdown. I am at the end. I can't cope Anymore and I have no idea what to do.. If I go to the doctors they will chuck more tablets at me. I don't want anymore. I need help, if I don't get proper help soon I really don't know what I am going to do. Any advice?

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi Lauren,

What's going on? What's triggering this? Any symptoms?

• Posted

Panicking 24/7, sweating, very very broken sleep but I'm exhausted, can't eat, horrible horrible thoughts, just everything from my anxiety but heightened. It's been triggered by "friends"
    • Posted

Schedule something as soon as you can even if it's just with a therapist. Any sort of listening seems to help me a lot when I start having bad panic attacks. Is there anyone you can stay with or who can stay with you so you aren't alone?
  • Posted

Please think about something posative and belive there is always a way forward be posative and remember you are a good person 
  • Posted

Sorry your struggling , I suffer with health anxiety and to get so frustrated with doctors just wanting to give me pills and want me to go away ... Have you been offered any consoling at all to help
    • Posted

There so useless sometimes I'm on 4 different medications I don't want more!! I have, I'm on a waiting list and I could be waiting over 3 months. I can't cope x
    • Posted

Yes the wait can be long , I had call sessions on the phone whilst I waited was good as they could see I needed them and helped me get further up the list I think ... May be an option for you ? Keep pestering your GP to help you , hope you feel better soon x
    • Posted

I also called the simaritans a few times they were very good just listened to me for ages I found that so helpful , I felt better just talking and someone listening to me X
  • Posted

Tablets are just a temporary solution in case of emergency, they don't heal you. You need to learn how to heal yourself by learning physical and mental relaxation techniques.

Also you need to pay attention to your nutritional status. You can ask for a blood panel, checking for all the B vitamines and vit. D. It's impossible to feel well if you have deficiencies of these vitamines, they lead to feelings of depression, lack of focus, anxiety, feeling spaced out, and a sense of loss of control.

A yoga teacher, meditation teacher or breathing therapist can help you by learning how to stop your racing mind, put things in perspective, protect yourself from bad influences and relax your body.

I myself suffered from anxiety attacks two years ago and I went to see several therapists (yoga/breathing, craniosacral, orthomolecular) who helped me out. Talking is great for getting some relief at first, but in the end you need to learn new skills, which you can apply when you need them. Unfortunately many psychologist and psychiatrists still don't supply their patients with self help methods, which are much more effective than pills in the long run, and in the end can lead to full recovery, like in my case.

Best see if you can find someone professional to talk to a.s.a.p., and at the same time find yourself someone who can teach you how to manage your mind and body. Also make sure you don't have any deficiencies, you can't beat those with any psychological or breathing technique, which I experienced while having a severe B12 deficiency.

Wish you good luck with finding the right persons, don't despair, they are right out there, you just have to find them, make sure you do.

• Posted

Hello lauren63237

I know it's difficult but you have to stay there and keep fighting. I know how you feel about the meds, did you consider doing some counseling therapy? try consulting a psychologist and do some counseling you may find it better than the meds. 

You should also consider meditation, in my experience whenever I meditate I get this sense of control that enables me to ease my emotions and start to cope all over again. Don't give up. We are here for you. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.