Mental health assement

Posted , 4 users are following.

Been referd as a out patient for psychiatric assement today and was wondering what to expect ?? Any advice please

1 like, 16 replies

16 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Expect lots of questions, some more personal than others, but you must be honest lieing or bending the truth will falsify their thoughts in your best treatment. Br open for discussion and know their questions aren't trying to make you feel worse or uncomfortable but to try understand your thought methods better. They'll start off just trying to get to know you and then dig deeper. But don't worry. Not as bad as you think!
  • Posted

Hi Richard

so have I! My appointment is on the 6th so hopefully someone here will respond long before then! I will tell you how it goes if my appointment is before yours ♥

I did get a phone call from the assessment team, who asked quite a lot of background info. So you may find you get a call too, prior to your appointment.

God bless xx

• Posted

You are welcome Richard.

How are you doing generally? Hope things aren't too bad for you.

like you, I find myself wondering what the actual assessment will be like. But I will try anything to get better!

Wishing you well x

• Posted

Think we both taking a leap into the unknown to get better been in very low mood at moment the dark side of my brain is winning the war sad hope you doing a bit better x
    • Posted

Bless you Richard ♥

I became unwell last April with severe depression. I am doing a lot better, but I am far from getting my old life back.

I hope we find our way quickly back to health.

keep in touch xx

• Posted

Hi Lorraine hope you doing better than me I'm still waiting for date for my assement sad you had yours yet ??
    • Posted

Don't worry Richard your assement will come up. Try to stay positive and hang in there

Elizabeth

• Posted

Hi Richard

how are you? I have not been good at all. My assessment is on the 6th April. Are you feeling any better?

Have you not had a date through yet? I will certainly let you know how my assessment goes ♥♥♥

• Posted

Hi Lorraine me not been good either and no date through yet starting to think they forgot me .... I hope yours goes well , the 6th will soon be here x
    • Posted

Hi Richard

sorry you're in the same boat as me. It may be worth chasing up your assessment with your docs. Did they ask for an urgent referral? Mine was but it still works out a six week wait.

I rang the crisis line a couple of days back, only to get an automated message saying to try calling back later!! Lol! Lucky I had diazepam on hand!!

Wishing you better Richard and hope your appointment comes through soon xx

god bless ♥♥

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.