Mentally exhausted!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi everyone.

I am so upset, I have been undergoing tests for the menopause and blood results indicate I am in peri menopause. I have had a bleed that lasted 20 days with a 4 day break and the last 8 days were very heavy and clots I am exhausted which I am putting down to blood loss? I suffer with ulcerative colitis and have always had a bloat up and down tummy, but I noticed something strange about my belly button that made me go to my go, who sent me straight for a ca125 and a tv and ta scan. Results were several fibroids a 3.4 cm cyst and a couple of polyps, my gynea said lets do a hysteroscopy and she sent me for the same scan with her guy who said I have no fibroids, no polyps and no cysts no tumours just a condition called adenomyosis . My fear is my ca125 came back elevated( I am sure she said 122) but I was menstruating horribly when I had the blood taken. I believe this can affect the reading? Gynea says she isn't worried ... But my gosh I am, any advice please anyone? 😩

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Amanda,

It is my understanding that an elevated CA125 is not neccesarily cancer, it can be menopause. I am also perimenopausal and alos have periods that can last up to 5 weeks. i am sure that your gyny would not have told you not to worry if there was anything to worry about. The bleeds i was having (before the Mirena Coil) were awful and twice i was in a and e. After a hysteroscopy and biopsy i was given the coil, it has eventfully changed my bleeding, but prior i could not beleive that a person could bleed and have clots like i did. So if the gyny has told you nor to worry - believe them.

Best Wishes

• Posted

Hi Shaz

It sounds very familiar. She has offered me a mirena coil at the same time she does hysteroscopy, said it will help thin the lining of the uterus. I was contemplating not having it because of the horror stories I had heard, they have got lost, never to be found again, depression, weight gain and so on. How have you found yours?

Thanks for responding to me it means so much when feeling low, to have support.

• Posted

Hi I know menstrusting can cause a rise in ca125 as can adenomysis which belongs to the same group as endometriosis,please do not worry anymore.isnt it funny ta and TV see all that and there's nothing but this is good 😊😊😊

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.