Menustration. Concern

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello my period has been weird lately. It started skipping all of a sudden. I know I was under alot of stress months ago from losing my job and then breaking my ankle and losing my job again and I was close to losing my house and car... So it came on August through October then it skipped and came on in February. It started off looking black\brown then it was normal flow color and now for almost a week when I wipe its brownish. I'm nervous, has this happened to anyone else?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi. It is SUPER normal to have red blood at the beginning and middle of your period and then brown blood at the end. That just means that the blood has been sitting in the vagina for longer, which means it has undergone oxidation, making it brown. That is really normal. Unless it goes on for more than 3 days, don't worry about it. As far as skipping periods goes, you can skip periods as a result of stress. As long as you aren't pregnant and it regulates once you go back to an unstressful situation, you are probably fine. Do not ever hesitate to see your doctor, though.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.