Merry Christmas to you all

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hope you all have a good Xmas I know it's hard to try and enjoy yourself when feeling depressed anxious ect but we will all get through it I'm sure. We all have each other and if things get a bit too much we have this forum to come and talk about it so whatever happens we are never alone and can give each other hope and encouragement xxx

1 like, 25 replies

25 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Merry Christmas Michael and everyone else reading this. I'm off to a dinner and then most likely a nap afterwards. Enjoy your Holiday smile
  • Posted

Hope you also have a Merry Christmas as well.How you been doing with the withdrawls.i cant find no energy to do nothing.glad i have you to chat with
    • Posted

Hi Melissa 

I hope you feeling a bit better today. I'm still struggling just can be bothered with anything again, there are things I should be doing today but feeling to hopeless to even get my self off the sofa. I need to eat something but just can be bothered to go out to the shops as got no food in the house 

• Posted

i know what you mean. thats all i wont to do to.i am so miserable
    • Posted

Yes the withdrawal are still really bad and anxiety and depression very bad today I feel like I'm going backwards instead of making any kind of progress it's so hard to cope with I'm just hoping that maybe I will feel better tomorrow 
  • Posted

Michael,

Are you withdrawing from anti depressants? Some of them you can't just go off of cold turkey. Like Effexor, the one I'm on, you have to do a 10 day taper to come off of it safely. I'd call your doctor and tell him you stopped taking it and you are feeling bad.

Once when I did not have enough money for the copay at the pharmacy for my Effexor or Venlafaxine. I went three days without taking it and I had this awful brain zapping in my head. Once I got the prescription filled and took it, the brain zaps stopped. My doctor said that was from just stopping it cold turkey. I know Effexor is one you can't come off of suddenly but Prozac you can.

Have you had any brain zapping?

• Posted

Hi keleee

I have done an 8 months taper from Effexor and finally took my very last smallest dose dose 3 weeks ago. I know about cold Turkey and would never do that. My GP told me to taper off after only 2 weeks which is insane so of course I took no notice of him as I done loads if reasurch before my taper and 2 weeks is miles to fast and bloody dangerous. I'm now three weeks without the meds and that why I'm getting withdrawals because these drugs take months to totally get out of your system. I read in a venalfaxine forum that it can take 6 months before the withdrawals subside. 

• Posted

OMg 6 months seems ages. I just started on Effexor and Im at 150 mg. I hope it doesnt take that long when It come stopping and coming off them
    • Posted

The thing is with me is that I have been taking antidepressants for 32 years so its not just the fact that I'm withdrawing from Effexor it's because I have had these drugs in my system for a very long time so it will take me a long time to adjust to not having them. I'm sure that if your only on these meds for a short time then there shouldn't be to much problem coming off 
    • Posted

Took me a long time to withdraw from Effexor so I did not get any withdrwal symptoms.  Don't worry about coming off, as you have only just started.
    • Posted

Yes I was on anti depressants for over 20 years.  took months to withdraw with no withdrawal symptoms.  But does depression ever go, because it is creeping up on me again.  I was doing so well too. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.