Merry Christmas to you all

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hope you all have a good Xmas I know it's hard to try and enjoy yourself when feeling depressed anxious ect but we will all get through it I'm sure. We all have each other and if things get a bit too much we have this forum to come and talk about it so whatever happens we are never alone and can give each other hope and encouragement xxx

1 like, 25 replies

25 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Michael, sadly I had a set back over Christmas.  Went to a relatives friend, did well at first.  About 14 people there, and did not know them all.  Ok at first, and then tears and feeling a fool.  So upset and ashamed I showed myself up.

I thought I was doing fine after stopping anti depressants last year.  Now here depression is again.  My birthday in 2 days, and will I cope with family outing?

I honestly thought I had put depression behind me, but here it is again.  Oh I am so upset.

• Posted

Anne240 I was just one blip and I am sure you will be ok. Try not to dwell on the past few days and look forward. You can only improve the position cant you and I am sure your a strong lady, and you have elp ed others thru this previously so I know you can do it with some support from your friends
    • Posted

Hi Anne 

Sorry to hear your felling like this but this seems to be the way it goes, just when we think we are ok it knocks us sideways again. I think all we can do is try to except this is the way it  will be for a while and that it won't be like this for ever xx

• Posted

Thank you Jimmy.  Yes I must treat it as a "blip."  Had them before and got through them.  I know I will never get rid of depression, but it has been so much better than it used to be. 

I am old, and never thought of myself as strong, but having fought depression for over 20 years, I suppose I must be.  No I will try and put this episode behind me.  Will take a little while to get back where I was.  My birthday tomorrow.

• Posted

Thank you Michael.  Yes, as you say, the way it goes, ups and downs.  Don't know about not for ever, as in my case, I think it probably is with me for life, but I am a lot better than I was years ago.  I hope this was just a "blkip."

Happy New Year

• Posted

Yeah I know what you mean about being with you for life I feel the same way but the thing is I know I won't always feel this bad as I have felt better at times in the past. When I say felt better I don't mean completely because this thing is always there but I think that at times I can cope with it better. I think that's the key for us it's all about coping with it and not expecting miracles. At this moment in time there is no magic cure for us only pill and other treatment to make it a little more easy for us. Wouldn't it be great if there was a pill that you took just once and it completely cured us. Well you never know maybe one day there will be but in the mean time we just have to hang in in there I suppose 
    • Posted

I am so low.  Feel I am back to square one.  Oh yes if only we could get rid of this awful depression.

I was feeling so positive a while ago, and now so very negative.  You are right, there are times when we feel better than others, so I will wait for that time again.  Just have to ride out the bad times.  Hard isn't it? 

I am hanging in there by my fingertips at the moment.  Oh it's my birthday and I so wanted to at least feel better today, but no, a day older.  Hopefully I will see some of my famuily later.  Mornings always bad, so hopefully will feel better later today.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.