Might have genital herpes? Please help.

Posted , 5 users are following.

So today I woke up feeling like complete crap, Fever, fatigue, severe migraine. And the strangest of all, a million little red, sore, bleeding bumps all over my swollen vagina. On the outside, and some on the inside. They hurt SO bad, and I have to wear a panty liner because they are bleeding. I cant sit without being extremely uncomfortable, and I've never had this issue before, and I'm terrified. I just came back from visiting my boyfriend a couple weeks ago, and we were both virgins. He performed oral sex on me, and we ended up trying to have sex(used a condom), but it was UNBEARABLY painful for me and it ended quickly. All my symptoms seem to be genital herpes, but I've looked up pictures and it doesnt really look much like any of that. Im confused, I don't know what to do and am extremely embarrassed, and am scared to tell my boyfriend or my mom. Im young, only 19 and didnt even think genital herpes could be spread from two virgins, both who never had cold sores or anything, Please please help me, Im not sure what to do.

On the side, the day before this my parts down there were pretty itchy so I may have itched them too hard, maybe causing this? Not sure. Any help would be greatly appreciated smile

1 like, 30 replies

30 Replies

• Posted

I can imagine you are scared. im just as scared. have my dr's appointment on Saturday and I'm so scared to tell my parents about this, they will be so dissappointed with me. I really wish I could help you, but just know, there is someone out there that knows how you are feeling.
  • Posted

Hi hunny calm down you be fine try and visit your local Sti or gum clinic all OK they won't speak to anyone all confidentiality your be OK go see them they don't even tell your doctor they will help OK please let me know how it goes 😊
  • Posted

Hi cam,

Please, please go to your local department of genito urinary medicine today, you can find your nearest by putting it into your search engine. Some have a walk-in service, others an appointment system, tell them you think it could be genital herpes and they should see you today.

The reason I say this is there is treatment available but you need it sooner rather than later (anti-viral tablets) and get on top of the symptoms quickly. It is possible that your boyfriend has had a cold sore in the past and unaware he could be shedding virus as asymptomatic.

The cold sore virus is HSV 1, the genital HSV2 but you can get either and now its more common to see patients with HSV causing genital outbreaks.

The first attack is the worst attack and can lead to retention of urine so if you have problems, sit in a bowl/bath of warm water to ensure you DO keep passing urine. Dry yourself with a hair dryer (cool setting) and don't towel dry, also wear loose clothes and no panties.

Take care and let us know how you get on or if you need further information.

Dot.

• Posted

Hello, I guess I will have to make a visit there, hard to wear no panties when its bleeding a lot though. I'm just so upset and never expected something like this.
    • Posted

Lets not jump to conclusions, the best way forward is to see the experts and get a diagnosis, they will help you and give support, the "not knowing", is worse than being informed.

Be a brave girl, if you were my daughter I would want to know and be there with you.

• Posted

Dot do what you feel.is right but pop alone anyway OK ☺
    • Posted

Haha, if only I was a 19yr old girl again liz but cam58655 is the young lady with concerns.................. I am a retired medic who has lectured round the world on the Human Immunodeficiency Virus & associated conditions (inc Herpes) that contribute to AIDS defining diagnosis. I pop into here now and again to try and help young people with worries.

Have a lovely day.

Dot.

• Posted

Yea well I try to help OK so if know so much I have genital warts got given long time ago back and fourth to the clinic burnt cream etc but once got the virus ya stuck so what can I do to get rid must be something dot
    • Posted

Hey Dot, i have a similar problem, im seeing the dr on Saturday as it is the only appointment that I could get. Im scared and nervous. Also had a post, but just one person replied. Im scared.
    • Posted

Yeah I wish I could tell my mom but I'm too embarrassed, and ashamed.
    • Posted

Im also embarressed. they are very religious and im so not in the mood for a "chat" when im old enough. but I feel like i can kick myself.
    • Posted

Dear Cam & Sandy,

The most important task at the moment is to see a doctor and if the diagnosis is herpes to receive antiviral medication to help with the symptoms.

The first attack is the worst attack, more so in females and the duration can be longer than reoccurances. Not everyone gets subsequent attacks, in fact 12% of women never get another attack after the primary episode.

Once the attack has cleared the virus hibernates in the nerves at the base of the spine. The chickenpox virus is also part of the herpes family (zoster) that also hibernates and can re-activate as shingles but it does not happen in every person who has had chickenpox.

There is nothing to be frightened about, doctors have seen the condition many times but I would advise attending a dept of genito-urinary medicine for your diagnosis and treatment as they are seeing the condition daily AND treatment will be given to you there and then, no visit to the chemist and its FREE. The dosage is important (higher for primary HSV) I have known GP's to prescribe a lower (maintenance dose) which is not as effective at the primary attack. GUM will advise and test for a range of infections, it does not go on your medical records and you will be given emotional support + time to talk through your worries. Its a totally confidiential service with dedicated staff, many have female doctors so you can also request that if you would feel easier seeing a female.

I will be thinking about you girls, let me know how you both get on. Dot x

• Posted

Thank you Dot... I don't have any pain or discomfort, infact, i never would have know about my blisters if I didn't exam myself like i do every month and it was done after I had a yeast infection. when i went to shower I noticed it. So i was quite shocked to see it. Im away this weekend so I made an appointment with a dr to where I am going as I don't trust these dr's hear. Feel like they judge you and the one that is a lady dr, well when I go see her, I normally have to sit through hearing how she is bad mouthing some of her patients. so i don't trust them at all, so feel much more relaxed seeing a dr that doesn't know me personally...
    • Posted

Thank you so much for all the helpful advice. Have an appt in a few hours and am hoping for an end to my worries.
    • Posted

Sweetheart, I would change GP practice when you get back, there is nothing worse than having to see someone you don't trust/like and you have the right to change.

I won't bore you with the details but my wonderful GP retired Nov'14 and the replacement was not a person with clinical acumen I trusted (and yes we do still have to have a GP as self diagnosis/prescribing is not allowed).

It was very easy to register with a different practice and only took a few days so ask around and find out as much as you can about practices in your area.

Enjoy your weekend, Dot x

• Posted

The place I'm going to this weekend is the place my parents are moving to. told my mom kinda what is going on, but did not tell her what I suspected. she agreed that i must not go to these dr's here, so got an appointment for Saturday. Actually I can't wait, so that I can stop worrying and just get better and feel better about myself again.
    • Posted

Thats good news Sandy, what I can say, without actually examining you is, it does not fit with herpetic lesions, you would be in agony if it was. Talk to your mum sweetheart, we really do lve our daughters/children so much and want to be there for anything. My first love in medicine, after daughter and animals was Intensive care emerg medicine but after we lost he dad I diversified to GUM/HIV so I could be there. Your mum might be shocked, not that she will be against you but, as mums we care.

Tell her you think you have bad thursh  and get her to come with you, nothing like a mum for support and unconditional love.

If you have time, let me know, if not then remember this and look after yourself. Dot xx

• Posted

Went to the doctor and they confirmed rolleyes I have genital herpes AND a UTI...oh the joy. My mom was NOT a happy camper to find this out. I'm really worried about telling my bf he gave me herpes from oral sex. He's such a good man, and will blame himself. For now, I'm struggling to stay strong and stop crying from the pain.
    • Posted

Thank you so much! that really eases my worry... Im seeing the dr tomorrow, but it already seems to be fading. just gonna make sure though. I stopped using the soap I was using and since then it started fading. but will only know tomorrow. my mom is paying for my dr's appointment, she really is supporting me. She was the one that told me to stop using the soap I was using, but will only know tomorrow. xxx will let you know!
    • Posted

Im so sorry Cam!! *hugs* stay strong and look after yourself. im sure everything will be okay and I'm sure he will understand xx
    • Posted

Hi Cam,

So sorry you did not get the diagnosis you wanted but it is better to know what you are dealing with.

I am sure your bf will be understanding and support you through this, he may also want to make an appt at GUM to have a full check-up.

Take care, keep warm and eat well to speed up healing. Dot x

• Posted

Thank you for the up-date Sandy, some soaps and femine deodrants cause a multitude of problems, from now on stick with simple soap on your genital area and even avoid shower gells.

Good luck today, I will be thinking about you, so pleased your mum is supporting you. Dot x

• Posted

It's okay, I'm not very upset anymore smile I know everything will be just fine, and my bf was extremely understanding and loving. He's going to a clinic soon to be tested too ^.^ Yes, it is painful and a shocker, but I'll live. The meds the doctor gave me really help and I feel 80% better.
    • Posted

Thank you <3 he did understand :d he="" did="" understand="">
    • Posted

Bless you sweetheart, I am so proud of you and sending you a BIG Mummy type (((((HUG))))) what a brave girl and a special girl you are, if you need any more information, please send me a private message and we can sort things out.

Dot X

• Posted

Hello. I went to the dr and it is nothing. In fact everything is almost gone. He said was just an allergic reaction to the stuff i used for my yeast infection and i must change my soap. He gave me antibiotics just to clear whats left up. smile

• Posted

Great news Sandy, have a lovely time with your parents xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.