Migraine Headaches & Pressure Headaches

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi Ladies,

I'm not trying to scare anyone or freak anyone out, but I feel I need to tell you all about my experience. 

I've been having migraine headaches, pressure headaches, dizziness and nausea. I kept chalking it all up to menopause. Because as most of you know, so many of these symptoms are menopause. 

Last Friday, Jan 2nd at around 7:30PM my boyfriend and I were leaving a restaurant, suddenly I started getting shocks in my right leg like my leg was falling asleep, while I was walking to the car. This shocking feeling quickly radiated up my arm and into my head, all on the right side. My boyfriend quickly started toward the hospital. On the way I lost the ability to formulate sentences and words. I would say one sentence and a totally different sentence would come out. I would try to say one word and a totally different word came out. Being a former medic the only word I wanted to relay was "stroke". It felt like someone had tased my right side. It was the most frightening thing I'd ever experienced and I was awake for the entire ride. After getting to the hospital I was in the ER for about 3 hours. Then sent to Neurology/Stroke ward. For the next few days I had a battery of MRI's, EEG, EKG's, CT Scans, Blood Work, Ultra Sounds and a Spinal (Lumbar Punch). Within 6 or so hours I was able to formulate sentences and say words again. I forced myself the entire time. My right side started getting feeling back within a few days. I still have some numbness in my right hand and am experiencing peripheral neuropathy symptoms in my right leg and foot. 

The neurologist found a mass in my brain. Thanks be to God that it is benign. I just found out yesterday that I am cancer free. However, they still don't know what the mass is. It could be a tumor or a jelly bean I stuffed in my nose as a child. (joking) But we won't know for a while.Also it might be inoperable too. I will be seeing the Dr on the 13th for an MRI Rx. In a month we'll do the MRI and see what has happened with this mass. Is the edema gone, has it shrunk or grown? Things like that.

So my point is: Please get checked, please don't do what I did and write it all off to menopause. It could be, it may not be...either way, please get checked. 

Many blessings to all of you in this journey. biggrin

1 like, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Dear EvaServal, thank you very much for sharing your experience. I can't even start to imagine what did you go through. I hope everything will be sorted out and there going to be improvement and a good results after your next test. All the best smile xxx
    • Posted

Thank you... It's getting better. I just have never known how to " take it easy" so it's kind of hard. Thank you for your positive thoughts. 😄 Eva 
  • Posted

How frightening for you. I really hope it all works out for the best and wish you a speedy recovery. Thanks for sharing. It's important to realise why th Drs do all these tests. Xxx
  • Posted

That's so so scary and really glad you're being looked after now, keep well. I once asked at my doctors where you for example put a numb arm down to menopause, neck issue or heart and they said you'd be more ill !!! Does worry me with all the different symptoms. Just recovering from a migraine with aura along with sore right neck and jaw but I know I get more anxious than the doctor so I just cope with it. Please keep us up to date and wish you well xx
    • Posted

Hi Tracky, first, thank you. I have to tell you, I wasn't ill. It hit me like a bolt of lightening. I had migraines, pressure, never numbness or an aura. I had shoulder pain and neck pain. I wasn't sicker. So please, if it continues... get a second opinion. smile 
    • Posted

Thank you :-) having a bad day today, neck jaw teeth head all hurting and feel so tired today x
    • Posted

So sorry... feel better. (sending cyber hugs from the US)
  • Posted

Hi Eva 

first, big hug coming your way, and second, thank you for sharing such a personal story.

Thank goodness you went to the hospital ..

Wishing speedy recovery for you sweetie - all the best 

jay x

• Posted

Wow!  So very sorry this happened to you, and thank you so much for taking the time to inform us all!  Wishing you all the best, keeping you in my prayers from the USA, big hugs and take care!  Keep us informed on your progress!   Your boyfriend was smart in getting you right to the hospital !!!!  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.