Migraines, peri-menopause, the works

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi there, I am on an HRT tablet called Angelique. I am 43 years old and I have had the symptoms of perimenopause for about 2 years. I was on Estrefem and Trisequens but I am a migraine sufferer and I think that Angelique stabilises your hormones a bit better. The only problem is that I feel like I am choking and I absolutely NO energy :-( Does anyone else suffer from migraines as well as everything else to do with perimenopause and does any medication help specifically?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi ClairyBee

I have suffered from Migraines my entire life. My neurologist told me that estrogen replacements can feed a migraine or bring one on. So if one does not work try another. I was on gold old Premarin for years with no problems at all. Now on Estridol and the headaches are "iffy"..as in not sure if it is the medication or other neck problems that I endure. Don't give up. Try as many as you need to find the right one for you. Your doctor should be able to give you samples so you are not stuck paying for a drug you cannot tolerate. Good luck.

• Posted

Thank you, I am seeing the neurologist on the 31st March and I will definitely ask him then.

• Posted

Hi

Do you get aura (coloured/flashing lights in your eyes) with your migraines? I would love to try HRT but can't due to migraines with aura

X

• Posted

I get aura migraine but still prescribed hrt but I have had ovaries removed so topping up what I don't have rather than adding
  • Posted

i did suffer in peri with migraines constently i went on femston combi and did not get anymore migraines with them

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.