Milestone

Posted , 7 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

Continuing the initiative to share good news, I feel like I've hit a milestone as I've finally been able to ditched my tena ladies after 8 years 😊. Whatever the other outcomes of my op, the fact that I am now "leak free" from both sides is pretty fab. Just got to keep up those pelvic floor exercises. Does everyone else find them really boring!

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi bresychen,

That's super news and very encouraging for the rest of us. They pads are so costly to keep buying! The exercises are rather tedious, I think we are meant to do them for life. I try to do them 1st thing in morning while catching up on news, mid day while reading, and in evdening while adverts are on telly.

Good to hear something positive! Phyllis xx

• Posted

Well Done bresychen

I suppose you could think of every kegel exercise as a positive step to improved strenbgth and regained control - never stop doing them. Supplement with Vitaimin D it helps make pelvic floor exercises more effective, and be miondful anout your posture (walk tall, dont tuck your tail bone under - BBC - bum at the back of the chair) all these things together will ensure your surgery will last you a lifetime. And yes Phyllis 40063 it's great to hear a positive result and feedback, it is a traumatic time for all undergoing surgery and recovery, and any 'light at the end of the tunnel' is great because time is a great healer. x

• Posted

I too must do my kegels. I had to go tto physical therapy after my hysterectomy, vaginally suspension and rectocele surgery. My bladder would leak occasionally. They said I must do 40 kegels a day for life. 10 at a time holding for 10 seconds. I must not do all 40 at once. So I do them in my chair, in bed and driving. Driving is the easiest. Sounds silly but I count telephone poles. I hold for 5 poles on my one highway. I need reminders though as I forget to do them. I must admit they are working!
    • Posted

They definitely tighten up these muscles. I always regret not keeping up with them after my 1st 4 kids, maybe would not be having so many problems now! They really need to get this message out to younger mum's not just how important but the long term consequences of not doing them!

Phil xx

• Posted

I need to start doing them, I'm 20 weeks now postop and have not started them nor did I do the therapy. That's bad!! I'm not sure I know how to do but will do research on. Plus i to admit I'm not using the estrogen creme either, I had one immediate bound of cramps after I used several, several weeks ago so I blamed on estrogen and stopped using. Im doing very well in all , but I see I need to do more for the l longevity.
  • Posted

Hi bresychen

i do the pelvic floor exercises everyday which the hospital physio told me to do I still prefer to lie on the bed I put bedside lamps on and the radio. I love it because it is making me feel very toned down there and my lower stomach   I am not sure when I will return to my yoga class or the gym yet so I feel these exercises are great and intent to do them for life as I do not want to fell how I did before my surgery.  

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up