Mind racing

Posted , 7 users are following.

I've been on 10mg for 3mths now. The first few weeks where rough and slowly I did see some improvements.I felt good but a little of at times 

in the last week my mind hasn't stopped racing day and night. I'm edgy moody finding it hard to sleep and feel like crying. I had a major row with my boyfriend an that doesn't help me either. Plus I'm getting my period would this be to blame? 

The doctor prescribed me 20mg but I don't no if I could go threw the side effects again so I've stuck to the 10mg 

Any advice would be great 

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi i used to be on what your on. id go through stages sometimes feeling ok, then having bad times on them. i did and still find it hard to sleep at night. i have occtionarily taken sleeping pills, you can get from the docs, or get some from the chemists. try relaxing music, or go back to your doctors for more advice.

take care 

karen

• Posted

Hi I've just posted on another similar post on here about this. 10mg is the therapeutic dose and 20mg is the minimum treatment strength. I found that I got the side effects again when I started on the 20mg but they weren't so intense and they didn't last as long......I'm so glad I took my docs advise to move up to 20mg, I didn't want to like you, but she told me 10mg will probably not help if I stayed on them. 8 weeks in on them and I'm really seeing the benifits now. 😃 all the best x 
  • Posted

I got very little affect at 10. Some first thing anxiety. 20 was more effective but insomnia spoilt all the mood improvements. Psych said move up to 30....I couldnt hack it. 

Just seen gp who has moved me onto 15mg of Mirtazapine.....no more Cit. Mirt is so great for sleep

• Posted

Hi Cheryl

Kay commented on my post I have to say the 7-10 days before my period I get moody irritable insomnia which exacerbates my anxiety Hun it's hormonal I'm just 8 weeks on 20 mg cit once my period comes I'm fine hope you feel better soon big hugs xx

• Posted

Hey everyone 

Thanks for the advise 

I think from 2mo I'll start taking the 20mg I'm just nervous of the side effects again an going threw it all over again sad 

will my mind stop racing on 20mg? its driving me insane it just won't switch off and it's effecting my mood 

I just when I though I was ok everything has come flooding back sad

Thanks 

• Posted

Hi Cheryl,

Hope you are feeling better today.

Stick with it - at 20mg, once it gets into ur system it should stop your mind racing.

Is there any thing that helps you take your mind of the anxiety of going through things again.  Like going for a slow walk and looking at the beauty of nature or painting etc etc.  It really does help if you can refocus on a positive.  

I know it is tough - but things do get better.

Lots of hugs.

Mel X

• Posted

I have found it very difficult to take the medication due to my concerns about side effects etc.

I am hoping that the Citalopram will help me although it is sometimes difficult to know what is a side effect and what is not. I am not sleeping well unfortuantely.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.