Mirap and xanax prescribed together..

Posted , 3 users are following.

Are these OK to take together and do they decrease the symptoms of anxiety??? Please help I'm at my wits end and couldn't take it anymore so the gp prescribed me mirap and xanax together and told me that they would help bring my symptoms down.. also have to go to a councillor... =/ Any advise would be greatly appreciated smile

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

yes safe to do so if your g.p says ..
    • Posted

I wouldn't put my money on that one,they make mistakes too.I trust pharmacists to know more about medication interactions.A person can always call a pharmacy and ask them also.
  • Posted

Ive never heard of Mirap,is that an antidepresant? Google multi drug interaction checker there are at least 4 sites,you type in each med and it will tell you any interactions.
    • Posted

Sort of, it's more for anxiety.. my anxiety is starting to affect me in work so I asked her for something to help the nerves and she said these would help me sleep as well so only to take them at night... And the xanax for during the day when the mirap wears off (only on 7mg too) .. this is day one on mirap and I'm too tired to be anxious... It's great so far.. wondering should I just leave the xanax in the pack and only take as needed??
    • Posted

Dont know,do you take xanax usually or are you just starting.If its as needed and you dont feel anxious,then guess you dont need it.Did you do the drug interaction checker?Xanex can also make you tired.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.