Mirt hell 5 days in help

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have fought through 5 days of hell, I feel like a zombie, it's eased a little over the days, I have increased anxiety because I can't think, I sleep and wake up to hell.

I went through the same thing when I went onto sertraline 7 years ago and it look me months to recover. I am on mirt to sleep and depression. I have diazapan should I use to keep going

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

You seem to be exceptionally sensitive to those meds, even though they are very different.   You are only 5 days in - and it is known that symptoms can get worse before they get better.  Perhaps you should taper up the dose VERY VERY slowly.   

• Posted

Yes I am very slim and have a anxiety issue anyway. I feel such a failure 5 days
    • Posted

Yes, your slimness will accentuate the effect of the drugs.

You are NOT a failure!  I know what hell you are going through. Stick with it! 

• Posted

Hi Z

The side effects you are experiencing will ease withion a week or two, the "start up" on Mirt' is very sedating usually,  You don't say what dose you started at, hopefully 15 mg (?) - the lower dose is more sedating than the higher (30/45 mg) which sounds weird but true.

I would say to stick with it for 2 weeks, and if you anx' is still high maybe consider talking to your doc for another AD, we're all different and not every AD suits all.

I take 15 mg and it really calmed my anx' immediately.

Wishing you well.

• Posted

Started on 7.5 thinking it would sedate less, went to 15 two nights ago so not even a week and I an crying like a girl. I have a history of being bad changing meds I just need constant reassurance after 7 in the evening I seem normal. I need mirt to work as for seven years I drank my self to sleep. I have been unhappy for so long I can't remember I was put on sertraline 7 years ago reaction was the same
    • Posted

To be honest a lot of the anxiety is due to being not quite with it and my stomach has been bad and stomach problems feel like anxiety as they go hand in hand but I am not drinking
    • Posted

Hi Z

The vicious circle of "the nightcap that causes insomnia" - if you have stopped drinking I wonder if you are having a reaction or wd from that?  That's the best thing you can do, quit drinking if it's become a problem - so well done.  Mirt & alcohol don't mix; I hope Mirt works for you, it usually settled sleep within a few days.

Wishing you well  x

• Posted

I have more of less stopped I was drinking to sleep at night. Mirt is making me sleep just trying to deal with side effects
    • Posted

Ps when did a nightcap start at 8 and finish at 12?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.