Mirt...Seen it through...You will too!

Posted , 5 users are following.

We all need straight talking answers to deal with this and put it away,

Thank you all.

Writing in forums because we don't know what's going on has made me so mad.

I'm a single parent,solely responsible for two wonderful young professionals.

The Mirt W-D caused me worry,

It's W/D are so physical,you want to go back to being just fed up,

The Mirtazipine made me feel unwell Nothing prepares you for what can happen.

I'm 41,female,healthy,not taking any meds

I had a shock bereavement at 32 and depression, my depression went 5months after getting clean and sober,Mirtazipine was for help with sleep...Urrrg... biggest mistake ever

I only took the Mirt for 10weeks,the first three weeks sporadically,it took a further 10 weeks to be myself.

My advice is Never take this drug,try every other avenue first.

I have one more thing to add,

Don't smoke Cannabis with Mirt W/D

My heart was beating out my chest,the Anxiety will stay with me forever.

Your not going mad

I did cold turkey and don't recommend It.

Good luck,

The W/D do go!

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Thnx for sharing Vikki. I have seen your other posts and I know you went through a lot quiting this med.
  • Posted

Dear Vikki,

I have insomnia (sleep not more than 4hours) after cold turkey from Mirt. I was on 30mg for 8weeks. I never had insomnia like this before Mirt. Just want to know will my normal sleep patern come back?

• Posted

Sorry for the late reply,yes your sleep will come back,you will naturally go over to sleep again,

I know how worrying it is,deep down you know it must be the the Mirt that's caused it but you worry that something bigger is going on,

Take care

• Posted

How long did it take for your w/d symptoms to go away?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.