mirt wd

Posted , 4 users are following.

Well after all finnaly losing it last Saturday on matazapine and having a complete breakdown on 30mg the doctors are starting to think I may by bipolar and mirtazapine is causing me a lot of problems as since I went up to the 30mg. They believe it caused a mixed state mania very scary makes sense since every dose increase has caused mania episodes in my but nice one lol. Tuesday I was told to go cold turkey however me knowing better about the wd he'll this drug causes I didn't listen and went down to 15mg. I was expecting since last time I did very harsh nasty wd symptoms so Tuesday night no mirt other then bad sleep not too bad by Wednesday shaking diarrhea and feeling very sick hot flushes aniexty through the roof so I took a 30mg that night again stopped by next morning Thursday night I only took a 15mg other then slight shaking and mild diarrhea and hot flushes mainly morning one or two no sickness. I plan on doctors advice to only take a 15mg tonight but so far so good. Not nearly as bad as last time were I was so I'll. The wd seems to hit me very fast I must have a quick matalisun and be at the lower end of 20 hours half life then the higher end of 40 hours. Seems much easier this time round thank God. But i have also been put on 80mg sr propranolol and diazepam 5mg at night and I'm meant to take 2 5mg throughout the day but I don't want to be a zombie to sticking with the 2mg tablets I have for now. Was taking 3x daily but only taken one today. I'm on the tail end of a severe spike so having breakthrough adrenaline rushes. Could be wd aswell but it's probably off the episode since I've been having them since before wd. I'll repost and let you know how I get on but maybe the propanlol is helping the wd alot and might be something to consider if suffering yourself oh a 5mg diazepam at night God send for the insomnia x

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Will post again if wd hits me any harder but so far looking very Good x
  • Posted

Lauren, hang on in there, sounds like the fact that you've been there before, you know what to expect, just a pity you're having to go up and down on the dosage as it just makes makes it worse.

You're lucky to have the benzos/diazapam, some docs won't precribe it.  Lots of water, slow release propranolol is available/some find it better, up to you.

Wishing you well hun x

• Posted

Thank you I have no choice this time getting there slowly lol x
    • Posted

Hi Lauren,

Glad to hear you are coping well this time.

You are a fine example of 'knowledge is power' as you know what is best for you now.

I think lots of water and if needed propranolol is a good thing.

Thanks for posting and may it all go smoothly for you Lauren.

Sunbirdx

• Posted

Thank you hot flushes are doing my head now think wd is starting to hit me hard now. So just had a cool shower and took a paracetmal. They are my best friend atm. Mentally I feel so much better on the reduced dose it's unreal and the wd is no where near as bad as last time. Think this is a sure sign matazapine was no good for me and definitely having the opposite effect aniexty is up and down but better of a night seems it's morning/midday that's the worse. I did buy some aleo vera drinks as I've heard there meant to be good for wd and actually am feeling much better after one paracetamol and that drink so defo one to look into. Wd hit me very hard last time but so far so good but we will see 2moz how I feel as I suspect that will be worse day. As I'm now day 5 off reduced dose x
    • Posted

Doctors are prescribing me like skittles atm but I have been very careful with them and trying to take less then wot they suggest only one 5mg at night for sleep and trying to keep it to 1 2mg daily. They wanted me to take 3x5mg daily as I was very manic/aniexty but decided against there advice as didn't want to get dependant and have another thing to wd from atm I'm doing well but it's there if and when I need it x
    • Posted

Good morning Lauren,

Sorry to hear about your horrible hot flushes.

I hope you have had a better night.

It is indeed a strange thing this WD as we can have better days and then a horrible day and night.

I try to 'go with the flow' but it can be very difficult.

Seems like your doctor is sympathetic.

Best wishes Lauren.

xx

• Posted

Morning Lauren, 

15 mg from 30 mg is 50% drop !!  That's important to remember, and to assure yourself that it's not YOU that has a weakness - these symptoms you are experiencing are withdrawal, that's why you feel better when you go back up to 30mg.  You've tried this for a week now, if you can't manage on 15mg each night (which most people wouldn't), why not compromise and take 15/30 on alternative nights - then draw up a proper plan to help you get off slowly?? I can send youu a plan if you like?  (Or have I already?)   Just a thought, I know you've tried before but if you could reassure yourself that there is plan"B" available it may, just may help?  

Another med' for your reassurance is Phenerden, it's another sleep aid, maybe have a chat to your doc'?  I think they even give this in small doses to children.  It's one med' I'm keeping in mind for my wd.

Hope you have a better day, Kalms during the day maybe too?

xx

• Posted

I'm managing ok at the moment with the drop I've been advised under strict doctors orders I have to as of it gives me bi polar side effects mania ect ect and worsening me they need it out of me and to change me as soon as possible as it's wrecking my mental health beening on them other then the odd hot flushes and diarrhea I'm doing pretty well. Slept very well last night 1-8 and dosed till about 9 when I got up lol so not bad x
    • Posted

Bril !!  Yayyyy - lovely long sleep ... so healing.

Hope its sunny where you are, have a great day x

• Posted

Most definitely my wd are normally short of ads but can be quiet sever fora few days I remember of sertraline I was literally having fits for 2 days. So I hoping since its been just under a week this is positive sign wd isn't hitting me as hard as last time. Maybe it has been all the switching up and down of the doses ect. But honestly I do believe it's cause this is a sure sign it wasn't working in didn't get any of the normal sides weight gain ect. Just mania and mood swings lol x
  • Posted

Well after feeling crap and having a horrible pain in my side I went the gp today and turns out I now have a kidney/water infection. I am prone to them but wondering could this have been caused by the wd still getting hot and now cold flashes and hightened aniexty at times but that is lessening I guess. Sleep has been good surprisingly and diarrhea I've given up on the imodium as it does not help tbh. Aches in my muscles and what can only be described as facial tingling/twitches. Headache that won't go and very dry mouth. I feel sick but haven't been sick. I also feel very faint/light headed. So now on a 7 day strong course of anti bioctics. Doctor claims all my syptoms must have been from this infection and no way wd yea he doesn't believe in wd off matazapine lol. It's 7 days since reduced dose now. Syptoms are getting better and more an annoying now bar the headache diarrhea and random Aches. The hot flushes are down to maybe 3 a day now just keep moving forward I guess. I've had my kids the last 2 nights which is an improvement in guess but do feel awful today x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.