mirt withdrawals

Posted , 7 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

Hey guys hope you're all doing well, been off mirt 3?weeks & so far so good, I was just wondering if any one has experienced incontrollable itching since stopping mirt?

The constant scratching is doing my head in lol

Any thoughts or help with this would be greatly appreciated, many thanx x

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi yes I had the same thing I am on week six and it has pasted now

But still not sleeping great

• Posted

Oh I read that this is one of the sideeffects coming of mirt... Sorry to hear you are having issues with that. it would probably drive anyone nuts! 

Hope things clear up soon for you!

• Posted

Thank you for getting back to me,

I shouldn't really complain when others are going through worse withdrawal than I am! I even tried using excess cream to try & help but nothing happened 😞 Thank you for your message mermaid, hoping you are keeping well x

• Posted

Yeah, I had this!

Mine seemed to be different from what I've read others experienced; I've read some people have constant itching like a night time etc-

Mine was only when I moved- so when I walked my legs would really itch! Really uncomfortable but it only lasted about 4 weeks!

If it gets too hard just take an antihistamine x

• Posted

Thanks for the advice becky, mine seems to me 24/7 only relief I seem to get is when I'm asleep, the itching isn't confined to one part it's all over, extremely uncomfortable 😞, will definitely look into antihistamine if it downstairs subside soon, hope you're doing well x
  • Posted

Mirt has a huge histamine block s it foent  suprise me about itching I got all kinds of allergy symptoms..took Benadryl and it helped a lot.
    • Posted

It's quite weird this itching symptom - I have suffered with eczema and since being on Mirt (8 months) it seemed to ease ~ now that my system has settled with Mirt' somewhat (!) the eczema has come back ~ obviously Mirt' is waving it's witches wand !!!  ggrrrrr ...

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up