mirtazaphine side effects

Posted , 2 users are following.

hi i have been on this drug for over a year now and had it highered to 30mg a few months ago...in the last few weeks i have been getting terrible headaches and dizzness and general feel un well..i have had thoughts of suide..i know not everyone as this and they suit some people..doctor said she will swap me over to something else..anyone had this problem with this medication..thank you in adavange..julie

0 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I'm feeling like crap felt dizzy all day and I am now soaking in sweat, also got palpatations I can't do anything but lay down and put up with it 
  • Posted

what drug are you coming off to feel that way 
    • Posted

It's venalfaxine it's the worst one to come off . I read somewhere that it's easier to come off heroin than to come off this. I have read a lot about it on forums from other people coming off and it's horrific even with a slow taper. For God sake don't you ever go on it I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy 
    • Posted

i will bare that in mind! do u think u will work again? ive taken a smaller dose tonight..fingers crossed ..how long have u stopped taking this drug? 
    • Posted

I hope to work again once I have got through this. I haven't got completely of the v/faxine I have cut the dose down but only by a small amount by about a 1/4 of what I was taking before and done this over the last 4 weeks so I am due to cut down a bit more again so not feel confident about it but I have got this far so will have to just cope with it I guess 
  • Posted

I have found out that a drug called tranxene helps with withdrawals but the thing is they are very addictive so I could end up with yet another problem. It's all just a bloody nightmare. I'm also a recovering alcoholic but not had a drink for 6 years now. The trouble is when I feeling like I am now I just want to drink to blot it all out so I have to be really careful. That's just reminded me, when I detoxed off alcohol I thought that was bad but this is about 20 times worse than that. There should be clinics for people coming of these bloody horrable drugs. They have them for people coming off illegal drugs so why can't they do the same for us. It's ridiculous 
    • Posted

i agree!! what can we do? ride the storm! im getting off these things! i want my life back..there isnt enuff help..crazy!! hang in there!!
  • Posted

It's been really good talking to you Julie I hope you feel better soon, be nice to keep in touch and give each other some support and advice. It's good to talk to someone that understands. Hope you sleep well tonight and have a better day tomorrow x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.