Mirtazapine 15-30

Posted , 14 users are following.

Hi,

I have recently upped my dose from 15-30. 8 days in and my anxiety is when waking up is quite bad and lasts most of the day. I have ruined Christmas for everyone close to me, my wife is at the end of her tether with me. Please please can someone tell me it does get better than this. I'm suppose to go on holiday in 3 week and cannot face this. I've been to doctors or spoken to them 3 times before Christmas. I cannot cope with this much longer, just can't settle. It does calm down on an evening but it's just like ground hog day. What am I going to do. Contant feeling of dred and I'm trying but people keep saying you have to think positive, but it's so hard when yr constantly fighting this rubbish. Is it me that's making it worse? Is it side affects? I am ready to just go mad. 15mg when I went on 7 months ago worked wonders, doctors don't seem interested im at my wits end...please help me someone...😢😢

0 likes, 60 replies

60 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Richard

You don't say why you upped the dose - was 15mg not working at all ? As I understand it the lower doses are better for anxiety whereas the higher dose is bettter for depression. After 8 Days the effects of the higher dose  should have helped by now - you need to go back to your doc and discuss whether this higher dose is right for you  and what can he do to help your extreme anxiety.   The stress of xmas and worry about your holiday is making your anxiety much worse. 

• Posted

Last year they tried to put mine up too, it made me feel so much worse so i was put back down and am now trying to get off it.  It didnt work for me im afraid. Still on the quest to find something that will. You need to be firm with drs, they dont really understand your feeling so bad.  You should try and get in touch with them annd get referral maybe to cpn who can move things on for you.  I feel for tou, this is a horrid llness and the meds can make tou feel worse, though drs dont admit it
  • Posted

Why did you come off it 7 months ago ?
    • Posted

No I have been taking it since April 15mg and upped about 9 days ago to 30mg. 15 worked great then the anxiety came back. 

Now on 8th day of taking 30mg and my axiety seems to be getting worse as soon as I wake up. I've been given propanolol 3 times a day. Off work, trying to get out best I can but just worry about it all. Suppose to go on holiday in 3 weeks but as yet can't face it. My wife bless her, I've ruined her Christmas as I put her on edge, I just can't cope. Don't want to go back to docs think they will just fob me off!!! At the end of my thether do I stick with 30 for another week or go back down to 15 to see if the morning anx goes. Or will I get withdrawal after a 9 days on 30. Just don't know what to do. So fed up with it all just think people would be better off without me. I've suffered like this on and off for 7 years on different occasasions. Trying to be positive but what can you do!!!

• Posted

Merry Christmas, Richard,

In my opinion, you are having a pretty normal mirt experience. Get on it, it works. Stops working, increase dose. Major anxiety, side effects set in. Loss of sleep really messes you up.....the list goes on. Does it ever get better? Depends on your definition of better. I am about 10-11 weeks off mirt, am I any better off than you? I doubt it. I have symptoms that suck the life out of me on a daily basis. I wish I had the answers, I wish someone had the answers. Good Luck.

• Posted

What are your symptoms now? Mine seem to be getting worse in week 12.
    • Posted

Hey Toria,

I have insomnia, anxiety, major depression, depersonalization, restless leg symdrome, itching, tremor, nausea, muscle aches, upset stomach, headache, no concentration, thought patterns disrupted, paranoia, feeling of no hope. Guess alot of that goes with depression, but certa in things seem very pronounced. I feel really bad. I go to the dr on 18th. Also have cold/hot spells, dizziness. Very, very restless. This is disrupting my 1 person support system. So not sure on how this will work out.

• Posted

Do you get better days at all? I feel like it's reaching a peak now I was anxious until bedtime last night the anxiety even increased at around 8pm which has never happened before, what were you put on mirtazapine for? X

• Posted

Hi Toria

I was put on 15mg for sleep. I had a few better days, but mainly an array of symptoms that wax and wane. Last week i slept about 4 hours for 3 nites. This week i havent slept at all. Everyone is different, so keep that in mind. Today was one of the few days i have left the house. I went for a walk...major for me. Take care.

• Posted

Bless you and that's great that you went for a walk see with me I love being out but now since all of this cannot stand being alone which totally isn't me! X

• Posted

Toria,

I have that cant be alone thing, too. Really bad. I have issues deciphering "real" vs. "Ilness". It hard. That generates alot anxiety. Feel like a hamster on a wheel!

• Posted

That really makes sense. I'm getting a better understanding of when it's my illness talking. I feel as though my life is over and I'm just hanging on but don't know my place when my Anxiety hits. Wish you all well. 

• Posted

I also had the "can't be alone" too

thankfully it has gone now just hope it stays gone as I was thinking I'd lost my mind not being able to stay alone in my own home...

keep positive it deffo doesn't last think mine went on a few wks but it dose go away so hang in there 

kaz 

• Posted

Hopefully it will all be over soon, this is worse than anything I've gone through in my life x

• Posted

I dont want to be left alone either, hubby has to be in house, i even need him to come into my drs appts with me.  What is this all,about? Never had it before. Is it the anxiety and what can i do about it? I have only diazepam.  Anybody else take anything that helps?
    • Posted

My partner has to go back to work soon, I used to love being alone 😢 I can't take anything to help as I'm now very sensitive to meds x

• Posted

I am also sensitive to the meds and its preventing me getting better. What can we do?
    • Posted

I'm just sticking it out until it's over to be honest as don't want to make my central nervous system worse x

• Posted

You are very brave.  Are you able to do much each day?  I think my cns is truly out of sync. Normal life is eluding me, dont want to see people i know or family visitors and find shopping so anxiety provoking i need diazepam. Are you stuck in house with all this?
    • Posted

I'm walking for at least 30 minutes a day, some days it lifts me others it doesn't, I've changed my diet and drink tons of water but I've always been like a camel when it comes to water anyway, we are off to Asda soon although I get really anxious doing things we have to remember nothing really happens x

• Posted

Hi Kaz, I'm starting to believe I'm making other people around me feel Anxious, because of my own anxiety causing a few awkward moments because I sometimes cant go along with the small talk banter and I was always the joker at heart but the Mirtazipine took my youth and anxiety has replaced it.  I really don't think it's just me being Paranoid, can an anxious person feel your anxiety to the point were they feel uneasy in conversation.? Hate this illness, but got to keep on going for my daughters even tho 1 of them say's I'm a hypochondriac and I'm just lazy and that I'm doing all for attention. She's 16 and her hormones are all over but it knocks me for six because she can be nasty and I have to put up with her behavior, definitely not fit enough to argue. It's a lonely place to be in when you're mentally harassed on an hourly basis. I lost my partner/soulmate and being a mum and dad, with two daughters to bring up is hard because you don't want your children to see you down yet you don't have your other half to share the load. To all my Mirtazipine followers, Thanks for listening and i wish you a Happy Contented New Year!!! PS...If by chance you find the miracle drug plz let us know.      

• Posted

Vikki, i am going thru the exact same thing. It will be ok. Thanks for the post, i couldnt verbalize it
    • Posted

Hi Vikki.

Sure I'd definitely playing up tonight as I can't get on to see latest post, where our you with mirt? Our you off it or tapering down ? If you can get into private mails send me a pm.ive been trying to reply to you over near hour keeps freezeing and deleting what I've typed.

Kaz

• Posted

That meant to site is playing up

Kaz

• Posted

Try not to overcompensate. Be yourself in your interactions. Dont beat yourself up.
    • Posted

Have you had blood tests to check your vitamin levels? My b12 is low now I think it's because of mirtazapine x

• Posted

Hi Vikki 

are you still on mirt or have you came of the most ?

mirtazapine had my nervous system sent crazy, as for anixety I never had it until I was put on the drug..

im of mirt 13wks tomorrow and I'm having more good days now than bad but anixety is still hanging around.

ive also notice that my stress level is really low, I panic at least we thing which was definitely not like me before I went onto mirtazapine so guess that's another gift it's left me with 

I'm amazed at how much trouble and horrible side effects that this tablet can cause , 

tell you sumthing the next new med I'm prescribed by my doc , il be doing research on it before I pop it down my throat...

kaz 

• Posted

I will only be going to my docs for tests in the future they're a bunch of idiots, just looked at promethazine they prescribed me after all this started and it interacts with every med I'm on and it gets you addicted within 5 days if you take it with codeine which I'm on and also causes depression so I probably had withdrawals from that as well as pregablin extra citalopram and diazepam I'm not happy!!

• Posted

Toria

i don't think they even read up on the meds they hand out I'm in a few different meds that's said it can't be taking along side other when I asked doc about it she said "it's fine" 

im week 13 free of mirtazapine today and still withdrawls goodness only knows when all this mess will be over

kaz

• Posted

Hopefully soon Kaz, we've both done so well getting this far! Like you said everyday is a day closer x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.