Mirtazapine 15mg along with Sertraline 50mg

Posted , 12 users are following.

I have been taking Mirtazapine 15mg every night for past few months been on it for about 9 months went up to 45mg but have come down to 15mg as was making my anxiety worse.My doctor added 50mg sertraline 9 and a half weeks ago which i take in the morning and still waiting for it to work. feel lethargic no motivation etc could this be the mirtazapine affecting my mornings thinking of stopping it.

0 likes, 33 replies

33 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I hate the effect the Mat has had on me which one are you thinking of stopping?

• Posted

Hi, I took 30mg of mirtz last night, I also had a few glasses of wine, which I know I should not. you would think I would sleep like a log!! I ended up with fidgety legs and wide awake still at 1pm . Thats when I reach for my sleeping pills. I feel groggy and lethagic this morning, having to force myself to do anything, so you have my entire sympathy. I am going to come off these mirtz. Go get some more medical help, I am.

• Posted

I am taking Venlaxine for several years for depression,well about 4 years ago I hit a very bad patch and my doctor put me on 15 mgs of Mirtazapine.They slowly turned me into a near zombie and times when I could actually feel anything it was pure anixety.My weight shot up by about 2 stone and no matter how hard I tried I couldn't loose the excess weight.Anyway common sense prevailed and I KNEW the Mirtazapine was the culprit.I started to wean myself off them and I wont lie it was not nice to say the least.Twelve months it took before I was feeling better.I think the shock. of the effects of what the Mirtazapine did to me made me appreciate the Venlaxine that I was on and all that I needed was an adjustment to the dose.As far as I am concerned Mirtazapine is a very dangerous and horrible drug that should not be on the market. Hope I've been of help.

• Posted

I agree mirtazapine is a horrible drug. I'm currently tapering at 7.5mg but the feeling of anxiety and palpitations is horrendous. I also suffer with muscle tightness in tummy and right arm. Can't wait to see end of this drug

any tips on how to cope I certainly don't want to increase my dose. thanks for your time

• Posted

Ive been on it for about 9 months 7.5 15 30 45 Then back down 45 30 15 for last few months on 15 Going to taper off it i think might go to 7.5 tonight

• Posted

ive come mirt 3 times if you think that withdrawal is bad wait until you have ssri withdrawal!

• Posted

Hi Angela I am on 7.5 taper just now and feel the very same as you it's horrific i have pounding heart in bed heart palpitations as well .

• Posted

i feel your pain , i started on 7.5 slept well for about 2 weeks felt okay ish

started having panic attacks got put up to 15 started having more panic attacks put up to 30 plus diazapram for the attacks . on 7.5 had only one panic attack so far but feel horrible most of the day

• Posted

hi mark, how you doing now. quick question do you suffer from muscle tightness/cramps. it starts witn tightening of tummy which then goes into right arm, then relaxes again, its quite frightening

• Posted

hi Angela

yes especially when i drink seems to be my left side

my back went into a full spasm today

down one side and suddenly went away again

mark

• Posted

Mirt will make u tired in morning. Taper off slowly 10% a month. Withdrawals are terrible. I am currently down to 5.62 mg. Liquid tapering is the best and more accurate. I started at 15mg but was having high blood pressure and felt terrible so went down to 7.5 mg. There is a support withdrawal group on FB that are helpful. Let me know if you want to join because you'll have to friend me to be added to the group. I can also send you recipe to change pills to liquid.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.