Mirtazapine 15mg. withdrawal

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have been taking Mirtazapine 15mg for 3 months for anxiety and an occasional panic attack. I have spoken to my Doctor about stopping Mirtazapine as I now feel fine. I have stopped the activity that was making me anxious in the first place.

My Doctor has told me to take 1 tablet every other day for a month, and then to stop completely.

I am 2 weeks into this regime. I have been feeling nauseous and experiencing joint and chest discomfort, but not all the time and not every day. So far, nothing too bad. I await to see what might happen when I stop completely in two weeks time. So far my mood has stayedcalm. Fingers crossed that all will be ok!

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Good for you. Am only on my 7th day and it has been Hell. Ialso get panic attacks,. Iroically one of the worst was waiting for my medication in Boots. Not one member of staff helped but there happened to be a lovely customer who understood and saw me though it. Hope I can stay the distance like you. Px
  • Posted

I have now finished the Mirtazapine gradual withdraw regime, (1 tablet every other day for 28 days).

Yesterday I felt dizzy and slightly nauseous and had a headache. I took 2 paracetamol.

Today I woke up feeling a bit sick and dizzy. After a slice of toast, I took a Stugeron tablet that I use for travel and sea sickness, and within an hour I felt fine. I have felt ok so far for the rest of the day.

So, overall my experiences of coming off Mirtazapine have not been too bad so far.

Hopefully I will continue this way, and hope I am clear of any symptoms within 2 weeks.

I will write in again in about 2 weeks time.

Good luck and best wishes to others doing the same as me.

• Posted

smileTook final Mirtazapine tablet on 21st April. So now off them for 24 days!

Still feeling slightly nauseous every day for a short period of time, but it does go away.

Slightly panicky for a few minutes, and slightly down in the dumps, but not for long.

So as of today, not too bad. Just glad to be tablet free.

So overall, stopping Mirtazapine is going ok.

Keeping active, and doing lots of activities to take my mind off health.

It's working.

• Posted

Best to stop Mirtazapine very slowly indeed, perhaps over a period of 4 months, as suggested by ' Back to

Life'. Will do this myself when I feel totally mentally stabilised.

Regards,

Janie Lee

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.