Mirtazapine

Posted , 4 users are following.

So reading all the negative comments on here about this?!  Does anyone have a good thing to say about it?!  Scared to take one x 

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi.

I am on Mitazapine 45mg.

I take half a tablet at bedrime and half in the day

It levels my mood and has a relaxant quality to it.

Its good for me. Xx😊

• Posted

Don't be scared. This thread has totally gone off topic. Do not read up on a new medication on the Internet. We all do it, but you will read more negatives because the people who have positives are too busy getting on with their lives to post on the Internet. If someone has a bad holiday, you will read about it. Take the medication , it has helped a lot of people including me. Don't read the side effects because that is just a mini horror novel. Apart from weight gain and tiredness it has massively helped me with severe depression. Stay off here unless you have a problem. I have severe anxiety disorder and the Internet just made me a wreck. I no longer read up on medications now. x
  • Posted

I agree with stardusts comments Emma. This medication can be enourmously helpful for depression and anxiety. The only thing I would say is that I would have found it helpful to have been aware from the start that it is a medication that CAN be difficult to withdraw from for SOME people. I was not made aware of this at all and this is what I, and many others, are struggling with now. Not so much the benefits of being on it in the first place. I hope this is helpful to you. Take care x
    • Posted

There is withdrawal with every antidepressant. I have found mirtazapine though a he'll of a lot easier to slowly withdraw from that SSRI'S like seroxat,  citalopram, venlafaxine etc. ..They are monsters. One thing I will say though and I was not told this. Eat a healthy diet. Mirtazapine can cause severe weight gain mainly due to the munchies it causes.
  • Posted

Thanks guys.. I mean I've lost weight down to 7 stone so wouldn't mind the weight gain slightly.. I also take valium is it safe with these!? I've been prescribed 30 but think I'm gonna half  it tonight.. I was on citalapram and made my anxiety worse. Scared to take now I've read. Wish I hadent xx
    • Posted

Please try not to be scared. Mirtazapine is a calming antidepressant. Expect some grogginess to start with. Mirtazapine isn't like citalopram,  it works in a different way. Perfectly safe to take valium, I'm on valium. It just might make you a bit more drowsy or a little hungover the next day. You do get used to this though. Please don't read up on mirtazapine. I've done it and I know the horror stories on the Internet, you Google banana and it will have a horror story. You'll be ok Emma x
    • Posted

Ok Hun. I'll try it now.. I really hope it lifts my mood or the anxiety sad ha yes you are right about google!! It's horrendous for scaring u to death lol.. Xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.