Mirtazapine

Posted , 10 users are following.

I've been on Mirtazapine for 6 days now. I'm not having weird dreams or nightmares and my appetite has not increased but I feel very irritable. I'm having strange mood swings. Yesterday I felt emotionally numb whereas today I feel very emotional. I feel more depressed than I did when I started the tablets. I hope this initial depression and irritability will wear off once my body gets used to the Mirtazapine. Has anyone else had any experience of this?

My stomach hurts, my heartburn has also got worse and I would even say my appetite has decreased? Is this normal?

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

[quote:9e3690c94a=\"Fiona1234\"]I've been on Mirtazapine for 6 days now. I'm not having weird dreams or nightmares and my appetite has not increased but I feel very irritable. I'm having strange mood swings. Yesterday I felt emotionally numb whereas today I feel very emotional. I feel more depressed than I did when I started the tablets. I hope this initial depression and irritability will wear off once my body gets used to the Mirtazapine. Has anyone else had any experience of this?

My stomach hurts, my heartburn has also got worse and I would even say my appetite has decreased? Is this normal?[/quote:9e3690c94a]

Hi! I experienced terrible depression and increased anxiety for the first couple of months of being on the mirt. I think you should monitor your feelings on a daily basis and if you feel things do get any worse - contact your doctor. I know my CPN said it was 'all me', but I had not experienced that sort of depression before the tablets. Things have settled for me now - although I still sometimes feel 'not here'. I hope you start to improve and sometimes medication can make you feel worse before you feel better.

• Posted

Thanks. I will stick with the medication for a while yet I think and see what happens.
  • Posted

thats a real shame iv been on them 7days my mood isn t great and im very irratable and easily annoyed my appitite has also increased i like you hope things get better.
  • Posted

Hi,

I started mirt about 7 weeks ago and have experienced what you are getting at the moment. The good news is all that stuff does lesson over time but even I am still yet to get my dose right and feel the full benefit of the drug.

Keep your had up mate, I am sure soon enough you will feel better.

Mirt can take a fare while to get sorted and into your system.

Cheers

Aaron

• Posted

hi, ive been on mirtazapine for the past two days and feel awful. sleepy (sleeping more than 12 hrs.) dizzy and eating like a horse when i am awake.was on venlafaxine for 4 weeks before that and citalopram for few years before that. im a single mum with two adhd boys, so cant afford to be shut down with the side effects, nothing is getting done and i cant not drive anywhere, i havent even got the energy to make proper meals, as im to tired, altho im not feeling depressed. just really weak and tired.
  • Posted

Hi.  I have just been prescribed the Mirt drug, one 15mg tab at night, and cant sleep. None of you mention if the drug actually put you to sleep. Then side effects might be worth it, if it did.  Keep in touch all. Its early days for me .
    • Posted

Hi,I have been on it for 3 weeks and my anxietys went sky high but not so bad now. I'm still waking up at stupid o'clock and still feel aggressive sometimes and crying over nothing is it still early days. Just had it increased yesterday to 30mg. possitive replies only please.
  • Posted

Hello chaps, I was  put on Mirtazapine quite recently & immediately developed constipation. Has anybody else had this side effect?
  • Posted

i have been taking mirtazapine 15mg for just over a week

sleep improved a bit but terrible heartburn im bloated and so out of it during the day

my doctor told me that he will increase the dose next monday and the side effects are better on higher dose 

i wondered if this was the case

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.