Mirtazapine 30mg and Venlafaxine 150mg advice please regarding anxiety and chronic worrying!!

Posted , 8 users are following.

HI I have been on the above meds now for a few weeks for treatment of post natal depression and anxiety! Initially I was on the Mirtazapine alone which didn't seem to help therefore my psychiatrist added in the Venlafaxine at 75mg and i can honestly say it brought me back to myself and shifted all my anxiety and depression! However last week I had a relapse in symptoms and I have had crippling anxiety which I have had to resort to taking diazapam 5mg when required! Therefore after a discussion with my psychiatrist yesterday he has increased my Venlafaxine dosage to 150mg! I am wondering whether anybody is on this combination and will the increase lift my anxiety as I cannot stop worrying and I think this is the anxiety making me worry so much and I have constant anxiety which is awful and crippling!! I just want to feel how I felt a few weeks back! Advice would be greatly appreciated!!

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I am on 45mg Mirtazepine but not venaflaxine so am unable to help on meds. I suggest you give the increase time to settle in and if in a couple of weeks still the same seek medical advice. There are lots of things to help anxiety. One is to control your breathing. Sit down support your back, put your hands on your thighs , your feet flat and still on the floor....this will help grounding. Take slow deep breaths and concentrate on your breath going in and out. It sometimes helps to put a hand on your stomach and feel yourself inhaling and exhaling, you must concentrate on your breathing and not thinking worrying thoughts. Put them to the side they might not be there once you sort yourself. U have to deal with what's making you have anxiety. Seek help for this. Until you do you might always get anxiety.

Tazjosie

• Posted

Hi Tazjosie

I note that you are on 45mg Metazapine, do you find that these work.  I have been upped to 30mg and unsure whether they are doing anything.  I would value your advice Joyce x

• Posted

Hya Joyce. Most people find 30ml Mirtazepine better than 45mg. You might get tired at first but should help you sleep.

Tazjosie

• Posted

Hello Charlotte,

Never having had a baby, I know nothing about post natal depression. All I do know is that if the medication you are taking is not having the desired effect then you have to speak to your GP/Psychiatrist again. As a mother it is really important that you feel that you can cope. Is this your first baby? If so it is only natural to feel anxious about certain situations but it sounds as if you have crippling anxiety. My personal feelings are that you give the new medication a couple of weeks to get into your system properly and if after that time you cannot see or aren't experiencing any form of improvement contact your psychiatrist and explain your situation.

• Posted

Hi Charlotte 

I've been on 75mg Venlafaxine and 30mg Mirtazapine now for about 7 years, I've had my Venlafaxine upped once (can't remember what to) but it made me feel much more anxious for some reason and had to lower back to 75mg. I also take risperidrone 0.5mg which was added to my meds about 2yrs ago.

• Posted

Hi, Venlafaxine has taken away my anxiety and given me my life back. I'm on 225mg because i had major depression. I have taken tablets made by Teva - they are the major suppliers to the NHS. You need to be careful of the Brands yi]ou take because from the chemist as I have recently found that other brands didn't work for me.
    • Posted

Hi did you find initially that you was nervous and jittery and on edge! I had my dosage increased to 150mg 5 days ago and I have the constant feeling of nervousness and just feel on edge! I'm having to take diazepam for this it's horrible the feeling is making me much more anxious! I did feel like this when I first started the 75mg but not as bad and the feeling would pass but this isn't passing it seems to be all day just feel on edge all the time!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.