Mirtazapine 30mg week 3

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi all who are taking or used to take Mirtazapine for depression and it worked for you. I have been on Mirt just over 3 weeks (1st week on 15mg and past 2 on 30mg). I have recently started feeling brighter and grogginess is no longer an issue. I am able to fall asleep on my own (drowsiness half an hour later after taking it has worn off after a week on 30mg). My appetite is normal and I don’t feel increased hunger. So... there are a few positives already, but my mood is still depressed. I know it takes 4-6 weeks to feel any improvements in mood if the dose is right but has anyone started feeling better a bit sooner than that?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I think that the issue is the word "depression"

I took Mirtz because I went to the doctor with sleep problems. I got what I think is the standard reply, " you are mildly depressed".

No I was not , I just could not stay asleep long enough.

The pills helped my sleep but I was tired all day and put on lots of weight so I weaned myself off. My sleep is now poor but I am more alert in the morning but am struggling to lose weight.

Whether they help depression seems to depend on the individual

• Posted

Hi, I was on 30 mg of mirtazapine for over 3 months, felt like a zombie and just wanted to sleep all the time. Didn't do anything for me other than wreck my life for nearly 4 months! As my nurse said what suits some doesn't always suit others. 

• Posted

Hi, I have been on mirtazapine 15mg daily for 6 months and I felt a lot better within a few days, I lost both parents quite close together and just could not get out of the black hole I was in. I could not eat or sleep.  Mirtrazapine changed all that. It was like a light being switched on, I felt so much better , so quickly.   I have put on a bit weight ( half a stone)  in 6 months but I would rather be a little over weight than not want to eat and waste away.  My mood got better after about 4 weeks and after a couple of months was back to being me. I'm trying to taper down now as I feel its time to see how I do without the meds.  I'm dong a slow taper down.  I don't care how long it takes as these meds have been a god send.  I hope they continue to workk well for you.

• Posted

I am pleased Mirtazapine helped you to get through very tough time in your life. I have joined a forum on fb and registered here to find other people and their experiences with Mirt but I’ve accually started regretting it because a lot of people hate Mirt, they go on and on about weight gain and withdrawal symptoms... well, the truth is that none of the withdrawal symptoms are worse than clinical major depression. I had no problems coming off 45mg Mirt six years ago after 5-6 months! I didn’t even know that it can be so difficult to come off?!! Good luck and you will be fine!
  • Posted

Hi I was on mirt for a week and went up to 45 mg. I can feel better and happier when I am on 45 mg. It took me less than 2 weeks to feel the effect. 

The positive of this drug is that it takes much lesser time to feel the benefit compare to other SSRI antidepressant. So sounds like you might need to increase to 45 mg to feel the benefit. 

but I am not a dr., so i think is better for you to check with ur dr. 

BTW, is nice that you don't have increased of appetite and weight gain ! 

good luck =) 

I love this drug. It helps me A LOT!! 

• Posted

I saw my doc yesterday and got upped to 45mg as I had good results with 45mg six years ago. The highest dose does not make me sleepy or groggy and gives me a lot of energy. This is how I’ve felt today. I have been feeling brighter too so it looks like Mirtazapine is going to drag me out of the deep dark hole of depression for the second time! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.