mirtazapine

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have been on mirtazapine 30mg for 7 days ..and I wont of it asap ..feel sadation ..hate it .. dreams are weird ..am not the same person ..any more ..can I reduce it to 20mg tonite or just take the 30mg ! And go to doctor tomorrow ..will I have withdraws for it .. ..when I come of it . Wont my life back

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Congratulations for finding out so soon! You will have to get tapering advice from someone who has done it right. I didn't, I went cold turkey. A mistake that I wouldn't do even at a week. Good Luck
    • Posted

Thanks for replying. ...looks like I have to to take the 30mg very shortly ..I am taking 2mg of diazapan with it takes the egde of it sleep better dreams arnt so harsh ..hopefully I can come of it slowly .by reducing it .
  • Posted

I* have been on mirtazapine for 8 months started on low doze at first thought they were working however I stillwas not  feeling right . if anything i was worse, doc encreased them to 30mg At the moment i am in bad way it appears my body cant tolerate tis drug I had started reducing them my self NOT A GOOD IDEA my doc has given me deazapam to help me get through the next three weeks . If anyone is on this drug and dont feel better go back to docs straight away i WAS AT THE LOWEST ive ever been. This drug works well with most folk im afraid it worked the opposite with me .
  • Posted

Hi Jillian

Rest assured of one thing, the sedation and the dreams are a well known and common side effect with most folk on this forum.

As you are seeing the doctor and have only been on Mirt' for 7 days (you don't say what dose you started on but mention reducing to 20mg) I would "think" that reducing the 30mg by half over a week or so, then a quarter for the second week might be best.  But to be sure, make sure you can take this with any other drugs the doc' might give you.

Wishing you well Jillian.

• Posted

Hi there ..started on 30mg ..was ok at first ..then terrible headache worst dream ever ..then went ok taking diazapan with it ..then Yesterday ot good crying at times feeling crap dark thoughts went to bed at 8.30pm to chill out ..took the meds at to which I broke of a bit of it as I didnt wont to take the 30 ... woke up not as sadated going to take a diazapan now phoned doctor ....before I took this I was sleeping well .told them that I had anxiety attack and hopeless feeling dr just rang taking me of mirtazapine. .put me me in citroplam. .and taramzapan to sleep at night ..god I hope am ok on the other ...love and light
  • Posted

I think everybody is different. For me on sertraline it was horrible with the dreams. Anxiety panic attacks.3 months of hell. Swapped straight to 30mg of mirtazapine 1 week ago and have felt good ever since.

Maybe worth discussing with your doctor about a different anti depressant. My friend and my ex girlfriend are both on 100mg of sertraline and have done really well on it.

However it was the worst 3 months of my life. Started looking up suicide on the net and all sorts of things. Didn't want to be here any more..

Please talk it over with your gp. There are many anti depressants out there. It's just unfortunate we have to find wich one works for us by trial and error.

Wishing you the best

Rich

• Posted

After 7 days you can probably reduce to 15 mg tonight and then talk to your doctor. Reduce to 7.5 for a few days and come off it directly without any side effects. Your body hasnt had a chance to get used to it really. 

When you talk to your doc, ask for Vortioxetine. It's a fairly new medication that does all the good stuff that Mirtazapine does, but without the weird dreams, without the sedation and especially without the weight gain

• Posted

Hi there ..am of mert now went to my dr and they have gave me 20mg citroplam ..7days worth of tablets to see how I get on ..after reading the side effects on these am caught in a 22 situation ..I have no trouble sleeping in my own thinking of starting them tomorrow ..at least since of mert no horrid dreams dont sleep in for nearly 10hours am up fresh now with out ...just wont to feel ok agiane

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.