Mirtazapine

Posted , 5 users are following.

my mother 85 is on 30mg of this drug gp just keeps increasing the more stressed she gets. She has become quite mean and nasty is it the drug the gp won't hear of it 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

barbara39684

hi I'm on 15mg of mirtazapine my doctor wanted me to increase to 30mg but decided against it I think that the 15mg is working for me, it's your decision at the end of the day, hope this helps

• Posted

Hi I went all the way up too 45mg mirtazipine and I was consumed with anger and rage...I am now almost off it completely please talk to them again and if they do not listen you insist on seeing another doctor it's your right to do so.

I wish you all the best 🌹

• Posted

Hi Weirdbeard

The majority of folk on here who have increased the dose of Mirt' have said anger is a big problem, the doctors usually start low (15) and work upwards.  The lower the dose the more sedating, she may sleep A LOT to begin with, in fact I wouldn't be suprised if she sleeps 15 hours a day.  The higher doses aren't so sedating and are usually more for depression as opposed to insomnia or anxiety.

It carries a slow release sedating effect.  Also a massiveappetite stimulent.

I hope you find the right path for your Mum; just bear in mind, should you want to make changes, a slow taper is the only way as it carries a withdrawal effect - lots of advice on here re tapering.

Wishing you and your Mum well. x

• Posted

Hi there,

I am on mirtazapine 45mg and for me it is amazing but what I would say is if you feel it is making your Mum mean and nasty, then I would definitely discuss this with her doctor (again if you have already) as this drug does disagree with some people 😊

All the best to you and your Mum

Bex

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.