mirtazapine

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have had depression most of my life.  I do not beieve in Anti-depressants, but recently due to a lot of unpleasant things happening to me primarily due to other people taking advantage of my vunerable status, I have become desperate with ill feeling, depression & anxiety.  I went to the doctors I am already on a rolling prescription of valium & she has given me this mirt.  After reading the revues it sounds truly disgusting stuff that I dont even want to try given what I have read, I already struggle to sleep & struggle to get up and feel suicidal.  And from what I have read, this stuff is just going to make matters worse.  She said it would calm me & releive the panic attacks.  Advice welcome.  Good luck with low self esteeem too folks.  As George Harrison said "when your down thats when they start kicking"

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Next
  • Posted

That's true I feel the same but it will take two to three weeks I was the same wake up the same but got to soider on you feel worse to start but do not let it win that s what I say to my self very day

• Posted

problem is in a month I go on holiday to bloody India, I just wanted a sunny holiday it has turned into a bloody adventure holiday to Goa, on the 28th Feb.  Last thing I need is amonth of feeling even worse, anxiety & panic attacks are my big fears whilst on the holiday,

• Posted

Just depends are stong you are and if you stand the side effect sleep is a bad thing
    • Posted

Thank you.  Taken one already, if they make me feel crap I am gonna stop immediately.  Also gonna make another docs appt tomorrow & discuss with another doctor.  Tough going.  Thank you.

• Posted

HI ANDREW23356,,,mirt do not suit everyone,,but it has helped a lot of people in the same situation as you,,it worked wonders for me and now i am off,[read my posts] i bet if u decide to give it a try your anx/dep/panic mode will improve and in a months time u will feel a lot better and u will look forward to your,,,,BLOODY HOLIDAY,,,so why not give it a try,,,,i am not sure about the valium with the mirt,,i was on a low dose 7.5mg and the side efects were managable,,i was on the mirt 4 about 4 months and now am ok,,but u have to be VERY POSITIVE AND BELEIVE IN YOURSELF ,,,,,,HOPE THIS HELPS YOU   good luck,,,,BLUESY 
    • Posted

Yes it certainly does help.  Low self esteem is the route of much evil.  Confidence in oneself has quite often been destroyed by evil people, as in my case.  As you say BLOODY HOLIDAY I cannot look forward to things, only with dread, very very sad.  I have already taken the first pill & will take advice & try it.  Thank you so much

• Posted

HI ANDREW,,WHAT MG OF MIRT ARE U ON,,,GLAD TO HELP,,,,i was the same i did not want to do anything at all but after 10 days on the mirt i started to be more interested in general life,,,,,,,,all the best,,,,you WILL GET BETTER,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,BLUESY
    • Posted

HI ANDREW,,,,please do not stop straight away you must give it time to get in your system before it starts to work,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,BLUESY,,sorry to keep on
    • Posted

15mg.  I am going on holiday with someone who knows nothing of my mental illness & we are having to share a bed (a girl I am glad to say) but at least with your own room, you can read a book or toss & turn.  

• Posted

HI ANDREW..,,,,WOULD IT NOT BE A GOOD IDEA TO CONFIDE IN YOUR GIRLFREIND TO RELEIVE ANY PRESSURE,,,I AM SURE YOU WILL NOT NEED THE BOOKS ?????,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,BLUESY
  • Posted

I have suffered from depression for around 15years but prozac tended to keep me on the straight and narrow. I quit taking anything throughout the summer but started going back into depressed state by October. Tried Mirt and it has worked for me. Assists sleep certainly. I have follwed this forum for sometime and it certainly paints Mirt as risky. Interactions with other medications and alcohol may be a reason for some of the bad reviews. I am on 15 mg dosage. Good luck Andrew.
    • Posted

That is something that worries me because I do like a drink, it is more occasional but heavy when I do drink, what are the complications with  alcohol please.  Prozac made me feel awful & had no positive effects for me.  Thank you

• Posted

HI ANDREW,,,,,,,,I ALSO LIKE A DRINK  i have been a drinker all my adult life,,50yrs +,,,i tried it once when on the mirt because i was feeling low ,,,it was the worst thing i could have done it made me ten times worse,,drink and mirt do not mix, so i strongly suggest you do not try it,,,i stopped the drink while on the mirt untill i was better,,,i now enjoy 2-3 cans at night,,,it was hard but it helped me get well without it,,,BLUESY
    • Posted

HI ANDREW,,,IT MADE ME LIKE A BLOODY ZOMBIE ALL DAY LONG THE NEXT DAY,,,,and when i took the mirt at night i was the same the next day untill lunchtime,,,EVIL COMBINATION,,,IM NOT TRYING TO SCARE YOU,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,TAKE CARE,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,BLUESY

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.