mirtazapine

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have had depression most of my life.  I do not beieve in Anti-depressants, but recently due to a lot of unpleasant things happening to me primarily due to other people taking advantage of my vunerable status, I have become desperate with ill feeling, depression & anxiety.  I went to the doctors I am already on a rolling prescription of valium & she has given me this mirt.  After reading the revues it sounds truly disgusting stuff that I dont even want to try given what I have read, I already struggle to sleep & struggle to get up and feel suicidal.  And from what I have read, this stuff is just going to make matters worse.  She said it would calm me & releive the panic attacks.  Advice welcome.  Good luck with low self esteeem too folks.  As George Harrison said "when your down thats when they start kicking"

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I find that alcohol has a neutralising effect on any anti depressive medication....you know doubt have heard the cliche that alcohol is a depressant. So really you have to try and reduce or stop drinking which I know may be difficult but is necessary to give the medication a chance to be effective. I also seem to experience night sweating with Mirt and alcohol. I am sure you will enjoy your holiday in India even though you feel apprehensive about it at the moment
    • Posted

Yes I know for a fact, after the trip I will be very proud of myself, I just always consider myself on the verge of a nervous breakdown & I have been bitterly betrayed by a number of friends last year, so I am particularly sensitive & nervous.  This site has been very reassuring & it ias good to see I am not the only sufferer

• Posted

you think to your self why me I am the only one as got this and you think everybody is fine but it's not true other people do get it and when you this replys you feel a little bit better about you self your not the only one how is suffering

• Posted

Yes I am a big belevier in Buddism & listening to my tapes as well, they are helpful.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.