mirtazapine after 3 years

Posted , 3 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

been taking mirtazapine 30 mg for 3 years now the longest i have been on a antidepresent.allthe others seoroxat ,fluoxetine they tried me with while in hospital not very good.must say i have put on an extra 6 stone though.i see my gp once a month and phyciatrist every 2 months and get visits from the cpn every now and then.things have got better for me in the last 3 years and i have not had to go into hospital again i was in and out for a while not days but months.people say chin up but thats just concern i think. basicaly what im saying is these group of meds im on now keep me safe. hope this helps doorby35

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Doorby, i am glad that you have benefited from mirtazapine, it's good to hear that your life has improved. Take care x :wink:
  • Posted

hi doorby

can i ask how long it took for mirtazapine to work for you.

ive been on it two weeks, 3 nights at 15mg and the rest at 30mg

im having times when i feel a little better but im still anxious and depressed.

how long does it usually take to 'kick in'

thank you x

• Posted

Doorby Hi its Poohbear here. You have obviously made massive strides in overcoming your illness. Do you get any help with rehabilitation like a day hospital or help with reducing your massive weight gain? I'm really puzzled at the moment I cant lose weight. So long as I maintain and not gain then my mental health is more important. Just wondering how you fill your days? Having something to do is so important in recovery. Best wishes Doorby.
  • Posted

i just try too keep busy and when the nastys appear get up and try too block it out, breathing exercises i find help.also a good cpn helps. as for the weight gain it does,nt bother me,when i was first taken in hospital i was very ill and underweight.iactually like the weight now.im also in the process of starting a new bussiness with my brother very exciting, its acomplete change to what i usually have done, i m a mechanical engineer by trade. as for the mirtazapine i dont really know , im still very angry agetated and withdrawn but i think the mirtazapine stops the thoughts.

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up