Mirtazapine and alcohol

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi everyone! On Saturday night I went to a party and drank way too much! I missed my dose of mirtazapine that night and the next day I was extremely anxious and my depersonalisation was at a high! (I've had depersonalisation for 10 years 24/7) I never drink only once in a blue moon at weddings/new years Eve, it's now Thursday and I still feel really anxious and a bit depressed! Is it because I drank the other night? I am really healthy I eat salmon/oily fish dark greens like kale spinach and broccoli, fruit, green tea, 3 litres of water every day and I also take vitamin D (because I suffer from SAD) and B12 everyday I also exercise regularly! Am I just feeling down and anxious because I drank a stupid amount of alcohol the other night also I feel like I'm stuck in my head with my thoughts! It drives me crazy! I mediate every night I feel like I'm going to lose my marbles!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

How long have you been taking mitrazapine?

Your initial reaction was very exhausting on your system and you can expect some reeling for a few days or up to a week. Alcohol messes with your chemistry and magnifies issues. When issues are magnified, the brain proceeds to overreact for a while until it gets convinced that everything is back to normal. However, I am not sure if your normal is good enough, hence my question above.

• Posted

Lots of liquids, lots of rest and comforting, easy to digest foods until your brain stops acting up then smile

I became very sensitized to alcohol during my therapy and have not been able to drink. My symptoms after even a couple of drinks were similar to yours in quality and duration.

So, my guess is...best to forego alcohol for a while at least smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.