Mirtazapine and Citalopram

Posted , 1 user is following.

I posted on this topic before. I am on 15mgs Mirtazapine and 40mgs Citalopram for anxiety. At the beginning of last month, I cut the Citalopram to 30mgs and uped the Mirtazapine to 30mgs also but didn't get on with the new dose. I have now reverted back to the original dose but now feel worse than I ever did before I altered things. I get palpitations which I wasn't getting before, get really stressed out with the smallest of things like doing the washing and have had mild muscle cramps! I have been back on my original dose for just over 2 weeks now after tapering the Mirtazapine down to 15mgs. Has anyone else had experience of this? And how long will it take for things to reset to how the were before? The hospital said two weeks but I've got the feeling this may take longer. I am feeling really fed up as it's preventing me from carrying on as normal which I managed to before even though I had anxiety.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.