Mirtazapine and Venlafaxine for PND? Advice pls

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi I have been on Mirtazapine 30mg for a little over three weeks now which has helped with my anxiety and sleep but done little for my depression so I have been prescribed Venlafaxine 75mg to take alongside to help the depression however, I am day two now taking the Venlafaxine and I feel more anxious and jittery! Is this normal and will this subside? I am desperate to feel myself again soon as I have a 7 week old son!

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

hi charlotte i was on 30mg mirtazapine for a few months have now swopped to venlafaxine same dosage as you...yes i was jittery for a while but it has now subsided a think it takes your body a while to get used to it so hang on in there....give it a while if you are able and if not get back to the doctors and have a chat...i wish you well....hopefully you will feel the effects getting better soon its hard work having a young baby so hang in there lovely girl xx
  • Posted

Hello, I am on the same......30 mg mirt at night ant 37.5 venlafaxine twice a day. Been on mirt for a few months and starrted on the venlafaxine 3 weeks ago. Had a very hard time for just over 2 weeks. Seems a lot better now.hope this will work for you !!

• Posted

Sorry for the delay. Yes anxiety was sky high. Also very fatigued. X
    • Posted

How long did the anxiety last? I feel awful with the anxiety x
    • Posted

Was anxious through most of the first 2 weeks. Dr gave me diazepan 5 mg for when it got really bad. Hope you feel a bit better soon. Try breathing and relaxation excercises. There are various vids on youtube. X
    • Posted

Thank you I hope it doesn't last long! Do you feel much better now that the side effects have eased?? X
    • Posted

Thank you I hope it doesn't last long! Do you feel much better now that the side effects have eased?? X
    • Posted

Yep better but still not back to feeling my old self. It takes time and effort. Hard to except a lot of the time.
    • Posted

I know what you mean! As long as there's hope once this anxiety shifts xx
  • Posted

Hi Charlotte, I agree with other members stick it to the meds. Look after that baby son. Good luck
  • Posted

Thank you for your replies! I am desperate to start feeling myself again in have been suffering with post natal depression since the birth of my son seven weeks ago and feel totally detached from myself and feel I am a different person!! I hope this anxiety subsides soon and the meds kick in! I will have to be strong and stick to it for a few weeks as it has only been two days but I am so desperate to feel happy and myself again so I can enjoy being a mother xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.