Mirtazapine and weight gain

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi Everyone. I am about to start on a dosage of Mirtazapine 15m for the 2nd time ,as it worked on my depression last time but I had anger issues and also wanted to eat all the time. Im already a little overweight and am scared that I could balloon up which will make me feel worse. Any tips for stopping the food cravings . Im going to try relaxing/meditation more to counteract the anger . I dont really want to start with these again but its the only meds that really help with the depression. Any advice would be greatly appreciated

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi i been on a mixture of agomelatine mirtazepam and clonazepam and put on abit of weight i stopped the miryazeoam last year and started again in december 15mg i dont excersize and i havent put much eeight on since last time. So i think you should be ok.

• Posted

hi keith mirtazipine is actually quite a good tablet for depression ,and if it worked before i would give it another try as its so hard to find the right antidepressant for each individual speaking from a sufferer and also workers perspective.The thing with mirtazipine though is it does increase your apetite hence the weight gain .,personally if you can just maybe start walking more ,this really does help and if your deptession is bad enough that you feel you want to takeit again so be it ,theate comments stating dont take antidepressants clearly ate from people who have not been crippled by this illness if you were diabetic you would have to take medication so believe me i know ,i wishyou all the best im hoping to stuart this medication next week it gives me the most horrendous vivid dteams but at least i wake up and it eases my depression which is the main thing ,lots of good wishes from a fellow sufferer xx

• Posted

weightlossmedications.info may helpful in your weight loss problem. Please read this article. Sarah

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.