Mirtazapine and Zopiclone

Posted , 18 users are following.

Hi,

Just need some advise. I've been on mirtazapine 15mg for around 8 months. I have anxiety issue in regards to my sleep. The mirtazapine worked a treat up until about a week ago. Now I'm 3 days in and had zero sleep. Needless to say my anxiety is through the roof regarding sleep. Been to the doctors today and they have given me 7.5mg of Zopiclone short term ( 1 weeks supply). If I still have issues I need to go back and maybe up the Mirt. Just really wondering if anyone here has taken Zop alongside Mirt in the short term. Past 7 months been great sleeping just hit a brick wall again😡😡😡😡

0 likes, 36 replies

36 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi,

I’m sorry I can’t really say as I only took 15mg a couple times and never noticed it helped with sleep so I stopped taking it. After I stopped taking it I felt better and sleeping better for couple of weeks, then the (SXHXIXT) hit the fan.

• Posted

Hi Richard,

anxiety sleeper myself with some PTSD

Using 15mg mirt for 3 months with little to no effect.

Increased dose to 30mg using for 9 months effect was great. relief. weird dreams but no anxiety and stress about going to sleep. anxiety started to creep up a bit and after 10 months had 3 sleeps and 3 anxiety brain destroying sleep's where you wake with more pain and aches than you went to sleep with.

got zopis at one and a half 7.5 mg when needed and diazepan 5mg when needed.

sometimes ill combine all three with only 1 zopi

or ill rotate between no zopi no diaz for as long as i can just mirt.

mirt with a zopi or mirt with a diaz.

both are highly addictive so be careful and also if you have kidney and liver issues go get a function test before taking

good luck my friend. support is always available. message me if you want to know a bit more.

Paul

• Edited

hey everyone,

ive seen in most cases in my own studies and of other that mirtazapine only works for a certiain amount lf time by doseage meaning like myself 15mg will only work for a while then 30mg then 45mg also life is what you make it, if youre still not making any changes whilst using it then youre only fighting half the battle. my love is with you all! i'm nearly a year in on 45mg and i have finally started leaving the house and walking the dog, every step is a massive step take as long as it takes❤ just a side note mirtazapine doesn't work for everyone is also has shown to put weight on some patients again including myself.

• Posted

I have just started taking them both together for a few days and I'm struggling to get up and do my daily activities but which one do I stop ???

• Posted

hi Richard, ive insomnia

for 58 years, mirtazapine no good.

is your breathing ok,

try going to bed very late

like 2-3 oclock after the

liver cycle, it can affect

sleep, vicious circle could be.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.